Sasayaku35 Sasayaku35 13-15, F 15 Answers Mar 14, 2013 in Hobbies

Mine is 'Ganbare' it means do your best, I say that to my friends all the time and they know what it means 'cause they're used to it now. ~(^-^)~

Best Answer

That's adorable... love that word ^.^

Best Answer

Nani, which means what. Every time I read or think about that word I get that funny exxagerated Nani? Guy anime voice in my head haha.

Best Answer

Hmm?

Best Answer

This is one of my favorites:

"Hototogisu

ware mo chi o haku

omoi kana"

It means..

"Cuckoo, I too

sing, spitting blood

my welling thoughts"

Best Answer

so desu.

It means pretty much anything you want it to =3

Best Answer

dakimakura

Best Answer

Hajimememashta Patrickdes dozo yoroshiku it means how are you i'm patrick and then i forgot what dozo yoroshiku means but its fun to say

Best Answer

Cool... dozo yoroshiku means 'nice to meet you'.

Best Answer

arigato

Best Answer

douitashimashite.

Best Answer

I can count 1 thru 10 in Japanese and that's the extent of it, years of taste testing beer has made me forget anymore

Best Answer

Yes, I speak some of it. My favourite is "aitakute".

Best Answer

I love that word.

Best Answer

I lived there for eleven years. Immersed myself in the language and culture. I have two. First; the word bai shun fu. In the Kanji, translated it means "a woman selling her spring." A gentle way of saying prostitute. The second; kusaba no kage de naku. In the Kanji, translated it means "crying in the shadow of the grass." (Rolling over in ones grave). Enjoy.

Best Answer

Arigatou :)

Best Answer

I didn't look at your moniker before. You're Japanese. Hajimemashite!

Best Answer

No, i'm English! :)

Best Answer

Then why are you whispering? Are you studying Japanese?

Best Answer

No, but I love Japanese culture...

Best Answer

I don't know how to respond to that. And I don't wish to burst your bubble. So, if there is that much attraction for you then study the language. Find a tutor if you can. It will take you years. Once graduating from collage, find employment there. Doing that you will slowly come to understand what I'm not saying here.
I'm not putting you down here, but you don't know the culture. You know only what you have read and have been told. You have to live it to understand what I'm not saying.
Don't misunderstand me. I like the Japanese as a whole. My wife is Japanese. But there is a dark undertow that most of the world never sees unless they have lived it as I have, and few have. A few weeks or months there won't do it.

Best Answer

Um, actually it's been 6 years... It's not like just I picked up a book and read it... Rather than studying the culture, I learn from my friends. And I also have been on a trip to Japan to study the culture, so there's no need to worry about bursting my bubble. :)
I have 6 Japanese friends, and my ex boyfriend is Japanese, plus my relatives are fostering a Japanese child... Give me a little credit, I mean, you don't even know me. XD

Best Answer

I stated that I was not putting you down. I give you a little credit. Your ex boyfriend told you only what he wanted you to know.. Your 6 Japanese friends the same. You must go there and live it for years. Your trip to Japan? It was all fluff. (The Japanese are the most honest, clean, polite people in the world. Etc,etc.) You were shown only what they wanted you to see. You didn't see anything. (Not your fault). You must go there and live it on their terms and in their language.
It doesn't matter that I don't know you. I'm trying to give a stranger (a young lady) good advice based on my life's experience's. You can choose to listen or ignore. I hope you listen. There are things the Western world does not understand about them. Only those that have lived in their culture do. I'm not putting them down. As I stated before I like them as a whole and my wife is Japanese. One of the best choices I ever made.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, I understand that you are trying to be polite, but I find what you are saying quite rude. I don't normally tell people these sorts of things, but seeing as you are misunderstood, I'll tell you. My Japanese friends are not good people. They are involved with gangs and violence, and are all orphans who moved to England from Japan. I only know them because I became caught up in one of their fights one day. As for the child my aunt is fostering, his underage mother killed herself after failing a gymnastics competition. My year-long trip to Japan? I was with monks who were looking into not only spirituality within a Japanese community, but also a few suspected conspiracies within Japan. I may be young, but I have enough knowledge about Japan to not be looked down upon by you.

Best Answer

Yup! You're another one. Speak the language? Lived there for eleven years? Walked the back alleys? Been in the disco's? So what if your parents GREW UP THERE, did you?

Best Answer

@wolfpeen, Gerop has a Japanese heritage, so try not to be offensive. It sounds to me like Gerop would know a lot more than you do about Japanese culture.

Best Answer

"Japanese heritage" means little. Did he grow up there? Did he go through their school system? Does he know the go jyu ichi onzu which is compounded into over hyaku onzu. Has he any police friends? Spent the night in a police jail over a misunderstanding? I could go on and on.
I meant no offense. It's hard sitting in front of a stupid keyboard and trying to communicate with someone 5 time zones away. There is no emotion, only sterile words. I encourage you to continue your studies in the language and go to Japan and live and work on their terms. With that will come understanding.

Best Answer

hey @wolfpeen, Yukio Sakuramura here. @Sasayaku's fostered cousin- pretty sure i was mentioned before. who the hell do you think you are? people like you are an insult to japanese culture. 'japanese heritage means little', huh? my japanese heritage is all i have left! i have been through the school system as a transfer student and have no complaints. and there are tons of people who have spent the night in jail! you think youve got it rough? you think you know everything about japan? go suck a lemon! 'understanding' is found when you learn not to spit on peoples' heritage. say another bad word about japan and youll be reported.

Best Answer

Ok, I tried. I'll go suck on a lemon. Good luck to you young lady. I wish you the best.

Best Answer
Best Answer

I am just beginning to learn Japanese, so there is much I do not know, but I like saying itadakimasu at the beginning of a meal for the purpose of politeness. It has no direct translation to English, but I read that is a matter of showing recognition for the fact that your meal is a "gift", a matter of thankfulness for having food.

Best Answer

That's what my book says, but given that you are Japanese, I'll take your word on it. Thanks! :)

Best Answer

You do, but it is not always pronounced.

Best Answer

Thanks! Can you tell me when it is and when it is not supposed to be pronounced?

Best Answer

Itadakimasu in translation means: "I shall receive."

Best Answer

Yes you do. She is studying the "Hepburn" form of "Romaji." If you are Japanese (and you know the language) you should know that "u" is used as a double "o".

Best Answer

An example: The naval base at Yokosuka is pronounced "Yokoska." The "su" is silent. Although it is not incorrect to pronounce it Yo ko su ka which you will find in some karaoke. My wife's name is Kikuko. It is pronounced "Kiko" The "ku" is silent.

Best Answer

ゴジラ

Best Answer

'Godzilla'... :')

Best Answer

Yep! Good job. Do you know Japanese?

Best Answer

A little... but not much :)

Best Answer

Hah XD

Best Answer

Yeah, good job :)

Best Answer

I don't know Japanese, tbh I just translated this on Google translate, but I think it is a fascinating language and a very interesting culture. Are you Japanese?

Best Answer

Very cool. I heard that people say like 'Thank you', instead of bye when leaving someone's house. Is this true and why do they do this?

Best Answer

Iku

Best Answer

i'm guessing that means i know u

Best Answer

Which to English can also mean in sex "I'm *******." Ha!

Best Answer

Aki 亜樹 (Fall) my name :)

Best Answer