At one point in our history there was enough money in that Insurancce fund to be more than enough to care for people not yet old enough to work. When the politicians saw they thought it meant they could spend more on whatever they wanted.
Beatresca Beatresca 56-60, F 11 Answers Dec 1, 2012 in Politics

What can you do? If you try to make a change they will crush you!

Best Answer

its like playing with fire

Best Answer

We need to work with one another to make a difference and to make them see us.

Best Answer

Medicare...Medicaid.....any other unfunded program.

Best Answer

Yes, I do feel that we should sue the government if when it comes to our time to collect the money it isn't there to give to us. I see it this way, the government forced us that work to pay into it and so we have many of us for years. We have entrusted the government to take care of the money properly and to ensure us that it will be returned to us when we retire or become disabled.<br />
If our Social Security money isn't there when we are entitled to receive it then there are legal problems that are considered to be crimes, I feel the government can possibly be charged with such as: Theft , misappropriation of funds, and maybe some type of violation of contract since there are specific rules and regs pertaining to Social Security as an entitlement. I feel that we as a society need to come together and demand now that this problem be fixed and that our congressmen and president be required to demonstrate a specific plan that will ensure us of it's success. If we are truly a Democracy, which many disagree with this notion, then it is not fair or legal for us to tolerate the government forcing us to pay into Social Security, promising us the money will be returned to us, and then lying to us because it's not there. If we owe taxes, we have to pay, and there is no way around it. And if we can't pay right away and get put on a payment plan then we are penalized for this. It should not be a double standard and should be the same for the goverment. I feel the first change is to require our congress to pay into Social Security. Another big issue is for the goverment to stop allowing foreign business people to come into our country and buy and run a business without having to pay taxes for 7 years....That is the craziest and most unfair practice our government has ever put into practice . I do feel that we can do something about this, but it will take this being important enough for many people to come together, persevere, and let our voices to be heard and taken seriously....

Best Answer

and if you win, where will they get the money to repay it? steal it from medicare?

Best Answer

The suit win would require them to put back what was taken out, rather than a personal win.

Best Answer

You can't sue yourself for being an idiot.

Best Answer

Lindon Johnson was the first, to pay for his "Great Society". I remember that speech well. His "Great Society" is in it's third generation of deadbeats.<br />
The government cannot be sued without their permission to do so. I am so sure that is going to happen, with the corrupt justice system we have. :((

Best Answer

its a catch-22

Best Answer

That would be the ideal thing to do but since we're " nobodies" to the government and the government is the government, they have a higher chance at winning the law suit. If they win, we just lose more money. That's the one thing that sucks. Because they're higher authority, we can't exactly do anything about it except for voting and that doesn't always go into our favor.

Best Answer

If you are dissatisfied with the performance of your elected officials keep voting for someone else. It is the only way to send a message.

Best Answer

It's very interesting - this situation - considering since begun there have always been more putting in than should have been taking out - as it was intended that is - hmmm -- shame they can't run any program at all without effing with it

Best Answer

Sue? They run the court system too. I say give the a Hinkley or two.

Best Answer