Yes but only adult ones- I have a red eared slider that i've had for 14 years- he has a huge tank to swim in I feed him dried shrimp and for a special treat he gets a dozen goldfish a week- he can eat those at his leisure. Sometimes he's a bad turtle and just bites their heads off without eating the rest. He seems to enjoy the killing a little too much.

Best Answer

oh boy, i thought they eat leaves , i am vegetarian, i don't think i can handle that sort of stuff

Best Answer

I think you are thinking of land turtles- those only eat veggies and live a long time!

Best Answer

There's a really big scare now about Sowmanilla (sp?) spreading through young water turtles. I believe you can still buy them, but they must be over 3"-4" in diameter, or something like that. Check with a local, "Quality" pet store and they should tell you!

Best Answer

sallmonella

Best Answer

I had those tiny turtles as a kid- I played with them everyday and never got sallmonella-you can get sallmonella from eating chicken too- 30% of chickens have it & we EAT that N they don't outlaw it!

Best Answer

Thanks, had a brain-freeze! lol

Best Answer

I guess it depends on just where they come from and through whom.

Best Answer

What kind of turtle do you want? I think most aquariums sell turtles. I am sure the ones who sell reptiles do.

Best Answer

do not capture turtles. leave them be. let them roam and chew leaves in peace.

Best Answer

You can get tiny ones in chinatown..

Best Answer

Some pet stores sell turtles--but they need special tanks, etc.

Best Answer

If you feed them goldfish they don't need the special light.- if they are not land turtles that is.

Best Answer