everton13 everton13 46-50, F 11 Answers Jul 31, 2009

They might appear to work from the outside. But I don't think all the spouses are truly happy and "in love".

Best Answer

Well, as I am a victim of one I would say for the last 20 years of my inslavement it has worked out well for my husband, his parents, and those brats of his. As for me I pray to die or win the lottery to get away from the man. To me he's a cruel heartless b*stard that keeps me under his thumb at every turn. I am allowed few friends and I must account for every minute of my day and if I fall asleep on the sofa I am awakened by one of his parents or sons and reprimanded for being tired and not doing my chore list.

Best Answer

In the past, some work.<br />
Now, no more, because individual human beings have more knowledge about free will, the rights to make choice, the various concepts of happiness, the new ways to build ideal families. So, marriages will fail, if there is no voluntary consent of both partners.<br />
If we did not learn in intelligent theories, we will learn with bitter experiences.

Best Answer

I live in a society where 90 % of marriages are arranged, but the key to work out the marriage is that the two should have the same family values and share the smae beliefs in marriage , the divorce rate is on the rise nowdays because they believe there is alot of fish in the sea and they only marry for superfical reasons, like money or looks or the idea of being married.just to brag about it and prove she or he is wanted . <br />
of course divorce is allowed but in my religion its the most hated thing to god that is allowed . <br />
to make it short, love alone is not enough to make marriage work out , it requires sharing the same values and beliefs , respect , lots of patience and of course compromise if its needed.

Best Answer

To answer this question, we first have to categorize Arranged marriages into two types: Traditional and None-Traditional arranged marriages.<br />
"Traditional" arranged marriages is the type we are familiar with. This works exceeding well in Middle Eastern Countries for two main reasons. For one, both bride and groom have a low expectation for each other from the beginning. They simply know it has worked well for their families and have faith that it will continue to work for them. The second reason is the family of both parties are involved in the process from the beginning. It is not uncommon for parents to predetermine who their child will marry even before they are of age. So, since the family know their children better than the kids know themselves and they most likely have known the other family members longer than their child has been alive, the possibility of failure in next to none. For example, 95% of all marriages in India are arranged and yet they only have a divorce rate of less than 2%.<br />
This is what "Traditional" arranged marriages are all about in a nut shell. This type of marriage is expected to continue to work well, but only in Middle Eastern countries, even if these countries adopt a western style economy as in the case of India.<br />
"None Traditional" arranged marriages are not as common and they usually yield the opposite result of traditional ones: They work well among Western styles countries but not so well in Middle Eastern countries. The reason is this type of arrangement makes use of the business element in the process. The individual (mainly men) pays for this service to an agent (an individual or a business) to find a suitable partner. The agent does not limit its territory to the customers country but will travel overseas on their behalf searching for that suitable partner. There has been abuses reported with both in the Western and in the Middle Eastn with this type of arrangement, but abuses will result if the intention of any parties involved are illicit from the beginning.<br />
This arrangement has worked well for one segment in the West. These are the "over thirty divorced or widowed male with grown children". The reason is this population already has a realistic expectation of marriage, this being their second or third try at it. Secondly, if the agent hired does the job correctly, the issue of family involvement in the process gets resolved. Unlike typical "Match Making" businesses, the agent here will have to invest a lot of resources (usually overseas)learning a lot about the future couple, their extended family members and sharing this information among themselves for the ultimate goal of a lasting marriage to succeed.<br />
Benito Castro,<br />
Latin American Agent<br />
Confidentiality Resources<br />
bcastro@confidentialityresources.com<br />
www.confidentialityresources.com

Best Answer

probably not

Best Answer

they have for thousands of years, until recently nearly everyone did. I suppose they worked, look at the population.

Best Answer

Sometimes they work out very nicely, In fact many times they work out very well

Best Answer

They can.

Best Answer