and for those of you who would think me an abuser no i do not mean to literally beat them to a bloody pulp simply a slap on the hand or a shoe in their general direction nothing too abusive.
pac5049 pac5049 22-25, M 26 Answers Mar 1, 2012

Just take a look at the youth today that should answer your question

Best Answer

NO.<br />
IT'S NOT WRONG.<br />
MANY KIDS LACK ANY KIND OF DISCIPLINE.

Best Answer

Nope not at all

Best Answer

I never physically disciplined my son..(he is 21 now) so for me, no I don't believe in it. Interesting question though. I work for my state's Child Protective Services department and the state mandates that children can be physically disiplined, however, you can not leave a mark on the child. Sound bizarre, I think, but it's the law. i find in a lot of cases I come across, the parent that does physically discipline does it when they (the parent) are at the end of their rope and angry at the world...so when the child does something wrong the parent reaction is off-the-charts inappropriate...and that, is a big problem.

Best Answer

Aside from obvious abusive punishment, it is not the type of punishment that makes a difference, it's the fairness, the consistency and the age appropriateness of the punishment. Children need to know clearly what the limits are and what to expect when or if they step over them; it is chaotic and inconsistent households that stress children and make it hard for them to grow up as disciplined adults, not any particular type of punishment.

Best Answer

If you can train a dog with out hitting it - then you can teach a child without hitting them

Best Answer

nice ive always said that kids are like dogs

Best Answer

I'm with you.<br />
That's what my mum did and I'm fine.<br />
But each child is different.

Best Answer

Spare the rod; spoil the child...

Best Answer

Sometimes.

Best Answer

I don't hit my kids and they're a lot better behaved than those of many parents that do. I'm not totally against smacking children (I too was smacked) but there are a few rules:<br />
1 - the idea is to 'shock' the child, not to actually hurt them<br />
2 - if the smacking is to make the parent feel better (vent anger, whatever) then its always wrong. No exception.<br />
3 - as long as it is not always the punishment of choice. You get kids that grow up immune to it, and parents who seem to forget that there are almost always alternatives.<br />
4 - (the most important one) when the kid starts hitting other people, the parent had better have a ####ing good way of explaining the difference.

Best Answer

Nothing TOO abusive. See anything wrong with this statement?

Best Answer

nope ... why do you ?

Best Answer

Yeah! The Question is fuct. The ideal it just as such!

Best Answer

There is a clear distinction between discipline and abuse and any idiot would know it. That said I don't think physical discipline is completely -necessary-, but I have no issue with it provided discipline creates a happy child instead of a scared, traumatized one.

Best Answer

it's odd I don't think it was wrong when me and my cousins used to pick our own switches and line up small to tall , my poor cousin kevin had to go last and we would all quit crying , and giggle to watch him dance..............but I don't like physical punishment for my children....I mean I think my as* whippings made me a little better?...... it doesn't make sense?.....oh well.

Best Answer

lol.. well if your kids have cell phones or tv or a radio then i would take it away rather than hit them. when i lived with my mom and i did something wrong she would beat me.. i was mad but i would of been even more upset if she took what i most value. Aaaaahh my cell phone, good luck, wink!

Best Answer

Spanking or using a rod is always wrong imo, the most I think is OK is a tap for something really naughty but I wouldn't even do that.

Best Answer

Naughty children need a spanking from time to time to get to the bottom of it.

Best Answer

No. I think everything can be solved with good communication.

Best Answer