foldedunfolding foldedunfolding 31-35, F 12 Answers Sep 19, 2012 in Bipolar Disorder

My mom is bipolar and it changes on a whim. She can go from cheery to super-wrath-b*tch in zero seconds flat.

Best Answer

wow...so i guess the difference between being sad and being bipolar is the SEVERITY of the symptoms~they are just wild and unpredictable and don't depend on the person that the bipolar person is snapping on?

Best Answer

Like you said mania for few period then off to depression. Those periods could even last for years.

Best Answer

I think that's hard to diagnose. But I have been with someone who has sever mood swings. I seriously felt like I was in an insane isylum

Best Answer

yes, that's how i felt with my ex who has it. it was crazy-making!

Best Answer

for me its depression for like a week then super hyper for a day totally sucks donkey balls

Best Answer

i wonder if i have it then..what is the hyperness like? im sorry to hear you struggle too

Best Answer

it snaps

Best Answer

Well im a manic so i know im not as bad as bipolar people they have some serious emotional episodes

Best Answer

can you give me an example of what happens in those episodes?

Best Answer

Well lets say you you bring something up thats personal ususally people will just tell you to f off or something but with people who are bipolar will just exploded crying and screaming past the point of the original argument happened to me at a counseling meeting for bipolar and manics worst experience of my life

Best Answer

My teenager is bipolar and can be manic for a few days up to about a week. then will be various levels of depressed for a few weeks. Those manic days are no fun for anyone. Talk about bouncing off the walls. Meds have helped some but don't take it away. Basically the meds turn the Rocky Mountains into the Appalachians; smaller but still there.

Best Answer

Check online or ask your doctor

Best Answer