Somebody once implied to me that brown and black clothes can't be worn together. I've never paid too much attention to style, so I have no clue. Is it actually a fashion blunder to wear them together?
FeatherInTheWind FeatherInTheWind 22-25, F 22 Answers Jan 10, 2009

There is only one fashion blunder: Wearing something because someone else had an influence on your sense of style.

Wear what you want, when you want.

Best Answer

Yes they do. A very good friend of mine is black. He is dating a hispanic girl. They go very well together.

Best Answer

No its not a no,black jeans with brown blazer and brown shoes looks classy(and u hav a wide choice of shirts to wear with them)!

Best Answer

I like light brown pants and a black shirt. The opposite is also nice. I wouldn't do a dark brown, but if it looks good on you, do it :)

Best Answer

it kind of depends, cant wear brown shoes with black pants, but you CAN wear a black shirt with brown pants, although i probably wouldn't wear a brown shirt with black pants.

Best Answer

in my world it does. I wear brown and black together if it looks good just as any other color combo. I especially would love finding footwear with brown & black together! I had a pair of shoes once brown & black - I wore them to death. Have yet to find footwear with that combo again.

Best Answer

That just isn't true because my husband does it all the time. After all, it depends on the type of brown and the type of black. What I mean is, if both colors are faded or unfaded, it should be a personal choice of yours.

Best Answer

You got a million different answers and may be inclined to listen to the person who claims she is an artist. But a true artist would not limit any combination for any reason.

Truth is- they DO go very nicely together- the trick is to wear the right flattering styles together and perhaps the write make up to bring your whole look together. At any rate only you can look in the mirror and decide if you are projecting the image you want to project and if you are not make the changes you want to make until you are.

Best Answer

yes very much so

Best Answer

Yes. You can mix and match your color pallet. Say, tan dress, chocolate tights/hose and black heels. i see nothing wrong with that. To me it's the individuals taste and how comfortable they are. Forget the fashion trendsetters, be your own. xxoo

Best Answer

yeah, sure. why not

Best Answer

I agree with furball and Yavy. Brown pants and black top doesn't sound good, but the other way round is ok.

Best Answer

Sure, if you want to look sober and dignified. Why not?

Best Answer

ofcourse you can wear but make sure you have black at lower and brown at upper part..

Best Answer

yes. end of question.

Best Answer

I agree with EricS. Personally I've always thought that black goes with anything.

Best Answer

to a degree it really depends.. i wouldnt for exapmple were a black dress with a brown coat

but a black pair of pants with a brown shirt can look ok.. but be carefull of the stlye... some just look like crap

Best Answer