TylerV TylerV 18-21, F 23 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Community

I think so. But that doesn't mean that those traits can not be modified...

Best Answer

nurture vs nature; that is the question of the ages. Either way, traits do get passed on, unless they are negative and some serious effort is made to counteract the tendency

Best Answer

ooh god I hope not I don't want to be a mean drunk

Best Answer

i believe they have there own psychological features however how you were raised plays a big part in that and as that individual learns and undergoes new experiences he or she adapts to there own reasoning

Best Answer

Yeah to a degree. It's somewhat nature vs nurture.

Best Answer

Kinda, they start off with their opinions because they learn from them when they are young. But when they get to that age when they can decide, i believe they either stick with their beilfs or decide for themselves what is best.

Best Answer

God, I hope not. I am the most screwed up person on the planet

Best Answer

Genetics and environment, assuming the parents are around.

I got a lot of the morose, angry Scots genes from my dad, and only so much of the happy, pirate English genes from my mom. After eighteen years of percolating, I emerged a fully functional pirate, but I was not happy about it.

Best Answer

It seems that they do and then there are children who grow up resembling neither one of their dysfunctional parents psychologically speaking. Nature vs. Nurture has been a controversy but the matter of Choice and free is something to consider in such cases.

Best Answer

psychological characteristic they adopt from there parents, children learn more through visual than literal.

Best Answer

i do have my dad's strong work ethic and bluntness. we are both also quite resourceful.

Best Answer

Some traits genetically, some through association, but that doesn't mean they ever have to be the same or similar. There is space for choices.

Best Answer

I think so. I did! Because you know.. they were my example to follow. I was around them the most, I learned their behaviors and mentalities and now they are mine, for better or worse!

Best Answer

I am not blaming my folks.

Best Answer

you don't have to blame them to realize they contributed to your psychology :) All our parents did the very best they could.

Best Answer

: }

Best Answer

Absolutely. This is why letting rapists have their children is so dangerous.

Best Answer