they dont.
livelively22 livelively22 18-21, F 11 Answers Jun 7, 2013 in EP

Yep. I feel it every single day. It's amazing. I still struggle but that doesn't matter anymore, I have peace at mind and hope that this world can't offer.

Best Answer

I doubt it.

Best Answer

Doubt is a type of faith too. :)

Best Answer

I have faith that I know what I beleive, and what I beleive isnt Jesus. Im sorry this offends you.

Best Answer

Why do you assume I'm offended? Quite the assumption. And that applies to me as well, my faith is in Jesus and that's that.

Best Answer

if your not offended stop trying to convert me.

Best Answer

Makes no sense. Being offended has nothing to do with conversion. You're the one who keeps questioning God and Christianity, it sounds like you're in a faith struggle and don't know where to turn. But you cannot convert someone, they make the change, not the 'converter'.

Best Answer

where in my conversation/question did I question my faith or lackthereof. Im just stating my expereince with christianity and how leaving my faith hasnt caused me any more turmoil or confusion than I had before. Converters use tactics to convert. this is true.

Best Answer

its also called brainwashing and its a very real thing. Im not saying all chrisitians are brain washed, just that conversion isnt always by mere choice. It happens when were in an altered state of reality or perception.

Best Answer

If what they say compels you so much that you want what they have, of course you'd reach out for it, even without realizing it, your heart makes the choice. ""Im an ex chrisitian. after reforming I thought I was going to hell and that my life would be terrible now because god"" This. It makes me think something must've happened to you to cause you to drift away from your original faith, so I gathered your in a type of subtle crisis. I think its because you "ran away" from the whole thing without true closure. I am very sure if you had answers to your questions about Christianity things would click again.

Best Answer

And no once you accept Jesus, hell isn't even a worry, you have so much more to be positive about.

Best Answer

At the moment Im not going to accept the christian way of thought because after carefull examination I came to the conclusion that I dont beleive everything the bible says. And in order to except something as your faith you have to be able to believe it. I decide I was following blindly, and thats why I no longer consider myself to be a christian. This is not to say christianity is a lie or that chrisitians are wrong. But, for me, It wasnt right. I think we all have to choose what is best for ourselves, even if that means stepping away from what your comfortable with.

Best Answer

I suppose so but would you like to read my featured story?

Best Answer

sure. I will do that :)

Best Answer

I was in your very position...but its kinda long, take your time with it :)

Best Answer
Best Answer

I was in your position as well ;) So Ive been through it before. But I am happy with where I am at, and dont feel the need to have religon in my life. But thanks for your concern.

Best Answer

I understand the religious part but you shouldn't throw Jesus away at least...

Best Answer

Yes. ;)

Best Answer

complete bliss?

Best Answer

well, you know people practising yoga do as well (or claim to) so i guess its all relative right?

Best Answer

lol... it's not complete bliss... you still have your troubles, but you accept them, deal with them, trust in God, and are content.

Best Answer

I was content because I told myself everything was going to be alright, you dont need christianity to be at peace with stressful situations.

Best Answer

well ok then... was just answering your question ;)

Best Answer

Not by following religion. It was created by man to control the population. The bible was created as a tool to further that agenda. It is more likely a history book than God's word.<br />
If you want to find that peace you speak of then you must look inside yourself.

Best Answer

To find true peace you must indeed find it in yourself. It cant come from anyone but you!

Best Answer

We can all experience peace for a while.

Best Answer

yes.

Best Answer

I would bet that there are very few people who ever achieve perfect peace; except for the few brain dead people who are on life support...they probably aren't suffering any kind of stress.

Best Answer

yep

Best Answer

I'm a lifelong Christian and I never have.

Best Answer

I appreciate your honesty.

Best Answer

I feel peaceful

Best Answer

I've never heard one say he or she did. Maybe when they are dead they do.

Best Answer

I think the problem with christians today is they use the whole peace that passes understanding to convince you to join there religon, and they convince themselves the expereince this peace.

Best Answer

I think the problem is they go to their churches, and listen to the pastor, but they do not attempt to live their lives by Jesus teachings, I don't mean the bible, I mean his teachings.

Best Answer