Leviticus 19:28 reads, “You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.” Not even a little butterfly on your ankle. Or Thug Life across your abdomen. Or even, fittingly enough, a cross.
triumphrider triumphrider 41-45, M 13 Answers Jun 8 in Community

Any & everything which gives people pleasure or happiness is considered an abomination by bible standards. Yet another reason why I'm happy being an Atheist....

Best Answer

The holiness code in leviticus ban eating raw meat, wearing clothes made of two different kinds of material and planting two different crops in one field. Do you really follow everything you you read in that book?

Best Answer

What about "pulling out" ?? The Bible doesn’t get too much into birth control… it’s clearly pro-populating but, back when it was written, no one really anticipated the condom or the sponge, so those don’t get specific bans. But… pulling out does. One of the most famous sexual-oriented Bible verses… the one that’s used as anti-************ rhetoric… is actually anti-pulling out.

It’s Genesis 38:9-10: “Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother’s wife, he wasted his seed on the ground in order not to give offspring to his brother. But what he did was displeasing in the sight of the Lord; so He took his life also.”

Yeup -- and get smote. That’s harsh.

Best Answer

That has nothing to do with this argument. We are not debating what is implied as ok or not condoned, but rather whether every word in the scripture is to be followed literally.

Best Answer

Does that mean surgery is a sin too?

Best Answer

Who cares?

Best Answer

I'm not a Christian myself but... "Abomination" I didn't see it in the referenced...

Best Answer

An abomination is a reference that was used in that time that 'forbid' anything -- it is used frequently and not as it is seen today.

Best Answer

Okay

Best Answer

Leviticus is ancient Jewish law that isn't applicable to Christians.

Best Answer

Christians also have sex before marrige. I don't think the lord expected us to be the dream Christians. Not condoning sex before marrige or tattoos.

Best Answer

The Bible is very clear on this one: No divorcing. You can’t do it. Because when you marry someone, according to Mark 10:8, you “are no longer two, but one flesh.” And, Mark 10:9 reads, “What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
Mark gets even more hardcore about it a few verses later, in Mark 10:11-12, “And He said to them, ‘Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.’”

These same divorced Christians are also condemning the gay lifestyle.... sounds like a double edge sword to me.

Best Answer

Like I said, I'm sure God himself wasn't expecting us to be dream Christians. Of course they are condeming the gay lifestyle! They could easily asked for forgivness. I think they are disapproving of homosexuals who wear it proudly.

Best Answer

The religious are hypocrites

Best Answer

they already know, theyre just too scared to let go of it all.

Best Answer

And yet, they continue to claim we have 'free will'

Best Answer

Yawn.

Best Answer