anything noticeable, particularly within a family. my guys keep licking and sniffing but I think it's too early to tell whether she's experiencing a false pregnancy or actual pregnancy. It's probably worth telling that she just came out of her 2nd heat but 1st with us and that she has a bit of a belly. I have done general research but would particularly like to hear from anyone who has experience with dog behavior. THANKS!!! : )
lovineinstein lovineinstein 31-35, F 6 Answers Jun 24, 2011

Do female dog's know yes , do male dogs yes ,do they know if a human female is pregnant yes. They hear the fetus in the womb They smell the difference in the human odor. they know!

Best Answer

Licking is very common when the female is pregnant. But it is important to try and limit this kind of contact (or any contact with other dogs) about three weeks prior to and three weeks after the birth to protect the puppies from catching anything from the other adults. A minor illness can be fatal to the puppies if contracted during thatperiods

Best Answer

Nooooooo *****

Best Answer

With pregnancy and pseudopregnancies they still act as though they are pregnant; they start nesting, temperature drops, act restless and even start lactating, etc.. To know for sure take your dog to the vet. They can tell if she's pregnant via ultrasound 28 days into her pregnancy or radiography 45 days. Get her spayed! There's enough dogs in a pound who need a loving home! The world doesnt need anymore dogs:(

Best Answer

my world does. and I know about what she'll do, I'm wondering what the others will do

Best Answer

ps. the vet is a given...thanks anyway

Best Answer

Okay smartass, well when conception happens the dog goes into protestrus meaning they can't sense that the dog is in heat anymore. Fix your animal.

Best Answer

...if you would have just answered initially there would be no need to get your unmentionables in a bunch...

Best Answer

I can only say that our female dog's behaviour changed when I was pregnant. She'd sit close and between me and visitors. She was actually my mother inlaws dog who lived with us so it was a noticeable change.

Best Answer

yeah, see I've seen that and wondered if my boys were doing something similar with her. The all get along (all three of 'em) but they seem to be showing more care, tenderness if you will. It makes me lean towards thinking she just may be pregnant. We go to the vet soon, so I'll know for sure but I just wondered if its common that they act similar to your experience with there own kind. Thanks.

Best Answer

I don't think so... when my girl had puppies, she just got rounder (MUCH rounder, lol). The guys didn't notice until the puppies came around :)

Best Answer

yeah they can get a bit on the rotund side..Thanks.

Best Answer