Take care of as in.....do some things for them, be sort of "motherly"
Justneedadvice Justneedadvice 22-25, F 14 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Romance & True Love

I don't want someone that I "need" to take care of, but I do like to take care of men. It's just a way that I show love.

Best Answer

NEED to take care of? Definitely not.

But I like to do some of those "nurturing" things for my guy, yeah. I definitely like it when a guy is willing to let me do some little stuff like cook a meal for him, fill his drink while I'm up, back rubs, pick him up a book he's been wanting to read...caring things like that are a way I show my love!

My bf is perfectly capable of taking care of himself and does a good job of it. But for example he gets dry skin on his back in winter time and I'll put on my exfoliating gloves and shower with him and exfoliate his back. Or when we're about to go to sleep I'll put hand lotion on both of our hands. I love that he'll let me take care of him in that way. My ex husband would have found it strange and wouldn't let me do something like that for him.

Best Answer

Well I believe your suppose to cook, clean and those sorts of things hell if he's out working taking care of home wth why not, now if your both working then it goes both ways

Best Answer

I am pretty sure that is what our children are for. The lovely thing about children is that they grow up. I would prefer to have an equal partner - I don't need a man I have to "take care of."

Best Answer

kind of maybe, just enough for him to let me show him love, but manly enough to stand up for me and pay the bills

Best Answer

In some ways. Not financially, but in pretty much any other way. I don't really mind waiting on guys.

Best Answer

Some girls... I like a man who lets me because that is how I've been raised. It just seems really childish to need to make a stink about such things... my ex-husband used to call me patronizing if I said something like "do you want me to get you dinner while I'm out?" ...wtf... and then he left me because he wasn't "feeling things" for as little as two months without agreeing to therapy... wait. why am I ranting about my ex... haha... whoops

Best Answer

Nope, if you expect that from me then you can sleep outside!

Best Answer

I'm a girl, I was just wondering what other girls' opinion on this was

Best Answer

I know, I was just saying my personal views on this! :)

Best Answer

Why, are ya hoping to unload one on an unsuspecting sistah?

Best Answer

Yes. Some women gravitate towards loser boyfriends. Or conversely, some guys are manipulative enough to persuade a woman.

Best Answer

I'm not really talking about losers though, I'm talking about like guys who can't do their own laundry and whatnot

Best Answer

On a fair note here it is a two sided coin of either gender wanting to protect and take care of someone they consider a lover.

Best Answer

Yes. Women in a marriage often do succumb to the role of house cleaner. It is more part of yesterday's generation, however, when it was a woman's job to stay at home.

Best Answer

But some guys simply don't know how to clean. Some of them really lack attention to detail and just don't have the proper hand movements and whatnot.

Best Answer