since jr high i have had troubles with sleep. after high school i only get between 2 and 5 hours of sleep a night. my ex gf says that it is just from me being so sleep deprived and that my anger stems from my depression and lack of sleep. i just feel like there is this cloud that follows me and im enveloped in darkness and hatred. i snap at people but hours later i feel horrible and feel bad for doing it but in the moment of it i feel this burning in my chest. am i like screwed up or what
apachetears92 apachetears92 18-21, M 5 Answers Sep 1, 2011

Lack of sleep is known to make a person paranoid. It is no wonder you act the way you do with lack of sleep. It will also add to your depression and/or could be part of your depression. There are many good medications to help with sleep, there are also great suggestions found on many websites about how to improve your sleep. Search for “sleep hygiene” , making those changes really do help. Don’t ignore it, sleep is essential. If you need help finding information message me, I am a nurse and have access to the information. Good luck

Best Answer

Try to engage in some physical/sports activity. Also, if you go to the gym, try using the sauna after. It's quite relaxing. Great sex could also help you get to sleep. It's true that one should have a good amount of sleep to feel great. Plus, you may have a lot of excess energy within you and you just can't find a proper outlet for them. Avoid the meds first, you won't really need them if you have a lot going on in your life. Try to find an engaging outlet for your energy. Sports... Gym... Dating... find something interesting to do.

Best Answer