I crashed pretty hard and dont feel comfortable with myself at all. Should I go to a 3-10 day hospitalization to get on right meds?
jeffro499 jeffro499 26-30 7 Answers Sep 28, 2011

I try to get out of my head once in a while with a few drinks its a great escape also I write get all the crap out of my system, I suggest you find a good counsellor to talk to

Best Answer

As an experienced behaviorial health Case Manager I would first want to know where in the cycle you are. If you are anywhere near suicidal, then you need to be evaluated by someone more qualified then me. Here in Arizona we have both mental health crisis phone lines, as well as psychiatric urgent care sites which is just like a regular urgent care office only they deal exclusively with mental health issues. If you dont have anything like these two resources in your state, then look up the number for any suicide prevention line. I cant imagine your state or city NOT having one. Id give you the same advice if you are manic, although I might also suggest you give you ATM card to someone you trust first. This isnt something you want to **** around with, I had to cut my dead girlfriend down from the hook she hung herself on. It can sneak up on you really quick, even when you KNOW what to look for. If I can be helpful in any other way, just drop me an email. Namaste......

Best Answer

Do you have access to a phone? I would call a friend or 1800 273 TALK. Are you physically in bad shape or do you simply need someone to talk to?

Best Answer

my mind wont stop racing, i cant think straight, have no energy, just feel like complete ****.

Best Answer

I'm so sorry! I have felt that way MANY times myself but I can tell you that if you have never been hospitalized "that way" before it will probably just freak you out. Do you want to take some slow deep breaths with me so we can talk?

Best Answer

meds will turn you into a robotic drivelling zomboid ... best to stay enlightened and face the music

Best Answer

enlightened?

Best Answer

Hey, are you still there?

Best Answer

Yes, go.....it may be scarey, but you will get the help you need.

I can relate to the racing thoughts; please call someone you trust, even 9-1-1, and get help.

As far as some of these comments about " drinking and getting drunk", is the worse thing anyone manic or depressed can do.

Your stronger than you think!

Best Answer

go and get hammered and you won't even care tho.

Best Answer

last time i got hammered i blacked out and was talking suicide

Best Answer

That is the worst advice I have ever heard given to a depressed or maninc person. Shame on you!!!

Best Answer

Go to mental health and ask them to send you to the hospital. I hope you get the rest you need.

Best Answer