I really want to be a dance teacher, but I dont want to go to college. And I can dance pretty good but am not the BEST dancer out there, but i can teach it and choreograph dances very well. I took dance for 11 years and did colorguard in high school, which has some dancing, so i have experience. I'm 19 right now and I just got a job in a dance studio for front desk. But I would love to teach dance. Is there any program or classes I could go through that would help me to teach dance better? I just dont want to take all the pre reqs. in college but i wouldnt mind taking classes to help me learn how to teach dance better. is there somewhere i could get a dance teaching certification without college/ taking pre reqs? (i dont even know if im spelling that right.) any suggestions? and to teach at a dance studio, NOT a highschool. and i would want to teach some or all of the following; ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop. specificly; is there anything i can go through, like classes/a program, to teach me more about teaching dance or to get a certificate? that i dont need college pre reqs for
sweetsydchris sweetsydchris 18-21, F 3 Answers Feb 12, 2013 in Education

There're these weekend workshops that you can go to to get certified. Can't remember the name of the companies that do that but just look it up. I think it's around $200 but once you complete the work shop you're certified and good to go.

Best Answer

hmm, thank you! i will definetly have to look into that :)

Best Answer

Enjoy working retail.

Best Answer

ha.

Best Answer