yes, they can work. I was part of one, but BOTH people need to be open to and accepting that there will be differences in the way the other sees things either due to upbringing, or other life experiences that come from being of a certain race or culture. And after that, BOTH parties need to be willing to compromise over certain differences, and both need to be very open and willing to talk about these differences, or nobody will know what's really going on inside the head of the other, and it isn't a good thing when the other partner is left to come up with their own conclusion as to why the one partner did something the way they did. Oh, and it's important that even if you disagree with aspects of the other culture, to find a constructive way to talk about it. Never insult those points you disagree with. It's really hurtful.

Best Answer

Some do, some don't. Just like all marriages. I have always been attracted to all types of women. White, Black, Hispanic, and others. I think all races have some beautiful people and some not so beautiful people. Your friends and family can make it very hard on you when you date outside of your race. Some times I may like a girl but if her whole family depises white folks and I haven't known her long enough to fall in love, I may think it's more trouble than it's worth and move on.

Best Answer

It's not the couple it's the kids, If you are black and white, some white kids see you as black, some black kids see you as white. It's just ignorance and prejudice I hate questions like these because there usually is some person (almost always white) who says "it ruins kids' lives" and "it's not meant to be" and "birds of a feather..." It drives me nuts.

Best Answer

My family is multi cultural--black, white and asian......we don't even think about who is what color. I kid you not. I forget until someone brings it up.<br />
I was taught to accept people for who they are inside. What u look like on the outside is not important.

Best Answer

I've lived overseas for years, and where I am there are few choices but local women. From my experience as one who's been through the dating circuit/ringer a number of times, and as a therapist, I can add that they do work. As someone posted above, people are people. This is the absolute truth. <br />
However, cultural differences – and this can include so many things, from religious and traditional beliefs to simple matters such as personal safety, and so on – play a huge part in determining the success of any intercultural relationship. Most importantly, having the maturity and open-mindedness to accept the differences (not to mention, respecting another's differences) and work together through such disagreements is key to making it. But how deeply rooted, the nature of the differences themselves, and in what capacity they play in the role of the couple in question, are important to consider in whether they will become obstacles, and if so, how difficult they'll be to overcome. <br />
In general, the larger the number of differences, the more time and energy it's going to take to work through them. Some may be effortless or easier than others. Others will require a lot of negotiation, and at times, compromise or sacrifice. But like all relationships, this is a vital part of what makes it work.

Best Answer

Sure they do. Sometimes, they even work because of the race issue, rather than despite of it. Every race is beautiful in different ways, I don't see why anyone would want to restrict themselves to only their own race. Then again, I'm mixed race myself, so dating for me is interracial by definition.

Best Answer

:) sweet bless ya :)

Best Answer

Sometimes it can be difficult specially if their respective families aren't very supportive.

Best Answer

Yes thats a very valid point i must say .....

Best Answer

we all come from different background may or not be of the same race ... it is not the matter if it works or not due to your race color or religion - it is more of your mind set to accept understand the difference and respect others... so this is not the issue of race culture or whatever ... just to know that we all are the same come from the same source.

Best Answer

Yes, and sure

Best Answer

My mother's been with her partner for about ten years. No problems. And mum's not exactly enlightened. The biggest argument they ever had was over who got to watch the plasma and who got stuck watching tv in the bedroom.

Best Answer

awwwwwwwwww shweeeeeeeeeet :) Hugs from my side for both of them :)

Best Answer

of course they work lady. We are all just human. And we share enough common bonds to<br />
have a life together.

Best Answer

I have no issues honestly..... so many people have this idea that such relationships dont work well.

Best Answer

my parents have been married for nearly 40 years. No problems there. I don't really see why it would even be an issue. It's only an obstacle if the couple themselves make it one.

Best Answer

wow my regards to them :)

Best Answer