Kinda wondering if what I do to cope with stress is normal, and do cutters work up from small cuts to gaping slices.
sails23 sails23 18-21, M 6 Answers Jun 16 in Health

yes. when the pain gets worse, you cut deeper or longer. what do you do?

Best Answer

Around 1/2 inch nicks now, kinda concerned that it could evolve into something much more life threatening.

Best Answer

try to find another way to deal with whatever is causing you to cut. scare yourself if you need to- look up bad wrist cuts, infections, people dying from it.
i'm around if you want to talk, just message me

Best Answer

Exercise, read a book, watch tv, go for a stroll, watch youtube, listen to music, take a relaxing bath, cry, eat ice cream, do yoga, shop, skate, try something new, call a friend or family member to vent, vent on experience project, go to a movie, go to your local library, take a trip to a lake or river or beach near you, do some home workouts, punch a pillow, pet some dogs (or cats), have a dance party (even if you're the only one at home), play some games, brush or experiment with your hair a bunch of times, do a lot of pushups, paint, draw, melt some crayons, make food, clean the house, look up what interests you (creepy stories? funny jokes? other peoples opinions on certain things?) . a lot of other things to do other then harming yourself. It's a great world.<br />
be safe . good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks man. All good tips!

Best Answer

A visit to a psyciatrist would do you wonders, they don't know everything, and may have to try you on different medications, until they found the right one for you...The bible says In the Catholic bible Sirach 38-<br />
Give doctors the honor they deserve, for the Lord gave them their work to do.[a] 2 Their skill came from the Most High, and kings reward them for it. 3 Their knowledge gives them a position of importance, and powerful people hold them in high regard.<br />
4 The Lord created medicines from the earth, and a sensible person will not hesitate to use them. 5 Didn't a tree once make bitter water fit to drink, so that the Lord's power[b] might be known? 6 He gave medical knowledge to human beings, so that we would praise him for the miracles he performs. 7-8 The druggist mixes these medicines, and the doctor will use them to cure diseases and ease pain. There is no end to the activities of the Lord, who gives health to the people of the world.<br />
9 My child, when you get sick, don't ignore it. Pray to the Lord, and he will make you well. 10 Confess all your sins and determine that in the future you will live a righteous life. 11 Offer incense and a grain offering, as fine as you can afford.[c] 12 Then call the doctor—for the Lord created him—and keep him at your side; you need him. 13 There are times when you have to depend on his skill. 14 The doctor's prayer is that the Lord will make him able to ease his patients' pain and make them well again. 15 As for the person who sins against his Creator, he deserves to be sick.

Best Answer

So, from a theological standpoint, since cutting is in a way, sinning, then does that mean I deserve to deal with this on my own?

Best Answer

No, you need someone to come up along side you and walk you through it all, and if you can repent, may God heal you from any trace of that urge or stress of it all.

If I may tell you a story....My sister was a self harmer, she would cut herself all the time, and in the end she became possessed with demons which made her worse of then she was before.......In the end she killed herself, and I wouldn't be ready to die in that state, death is only the door way into eternity, and to know God is to live for God in this life, I did my study, cursed is he who hangs on a tree, and let the wounds of Jesus heal you for by his wounds we are healed, and those who endure will be saved....So hang in there, better days are to come if you repent from cutting and from whatever may be causing you so much stress, or maybe you didn't do anything to deserve this at all, but what I do know is that if you go with God, give him at least five years of your surrender and see what He can do, or maybe even just as little as a year, for better is one day in His house than a thousand elsewheres. If you really opened your heart up to Jesus, and surrendered to taking in knowledge and trying to do things his way.........You'll never be the same, and you'll be so much more better off....Come what will and come what may, the enemy would have you running away from God, but if you are determined and steadfast into really seeking healing, then you will be better off than you ever have been in your life......At least that's what happened to me, I can hear angels singing all the time, because I was faithful for five years and by the worst mistake of my life I fell away from God, but I missed him and came back, and now after much disciplen from God, I have never been so well off, hearing angels and a great big welcome from the Holy Spirit are just to name a few things that He's done for me......PS don't dispise diciplen from God, it's not there to hurt you but to make you better, going with God isn't without a little ouch here and there, but if you don't give up, heaven opens up!

Best Answer

Wow. Thanks for the advice. I hope I can get through this with you by my side

Best Answer

it's usually a downward spiral. As with any addiction (and cutting can easily become another addiction) you start slow and gradually need to become more and more extreme to experience the same effects...it's a misconception that it helps deal with stress. Quite the opposite. It fuels it. It's a bad habit to get into and very temporarily satisfying. Find something else which has long term ways of dealing with stress...

Best Answer

So you are resulting to cutting and you are seeking tips? -_-

Best Answer

Not seeking results, just wondering if it turns into a downward spiral from here on.

Best Answer

Small d*ck.

Best Answer

Go back to CoD.

Best Answer

What is that?

Best Answer

Call of Duty? The M-rated game with a fanbase consisting of 5-year old squeakers?

Best Answer

Lol, I'm not nerd.

Best Answer

What are you then?

Best Answer

I'm a lot of things.

Best Answer

Same. Gamer is just one of my many sides...

Best Answer