i think that's sure to be an influence

Best Answer

I think the emaciated look is just very fashionable at the moment. Even 15 years ago models tended to be more sporty looking. What I've noticed is that it's mainly indie and new designers who choose those overly thin models, big houses like Givenchy and YSL have much healthier looking models because they don't need skeletons to sell clothes.

Best Answer

so its just in style at the moment

Best Answer

Definitely. Look at Helena Christensen and Cindy Crawford in the 90s. They were the best of the best and would probably look like sumo wrestlers in comparison to most of the models today...Not sure when or why the trend started towards the emaciated look.

Best Answer

I thought they looked 40 pounds underweight to be honest

Best Answer

yeah thats because they probably are lol

Best Answer

Most male fashion designers are homosexual. I think there is no doubt about that. However, what is not so widely publicised is the damage caused to millions of teenage girls who have been grotesquely characatured by gay male fashion designers. The scale of the impact on young girls and women may never be known.Fashion designers have deliberately designed their wares on featureless, post pubescent male-looking 'female' models - no curves, figureless, disproportionately tall, and clearly omitting any traditional female physical features that can only point to a desire to make the model appear to resemble a teenage boy. Furthermore, who can forget the 'heroin chic' of the 1990s? This was utterly irresponsible, entirely self-indulgent and lacking any moral compass. Much the same can be said today of the worryingly anorexic 'size zero look' Why did they do it? because they could. Who could stop them? Homsexuals are living in a renaissance period; protected by powerful lobbyists and the language of political correctness, no-one dared question them as either an institution or as a collective. They were given carte blanche and to many, displayed a disgusting disrespect for social mores, morality, many people's religious beliefs and of course, a young woman's natural form and self-esteem. For this I would hold them utterly responsible. I believe it is time to stop treading on eggshells around them and make them not only responsible but very accountable.

Best Answer

No. They look that way because most women think that men are attracted to "thin" women.<br />
Most men do not agree.<br />
cliff<br />
HHN

Best Answer

Yeah they sometimes do. There is actually a male model who is so androgynous that he models both female & male clothing. Its the craziest thing I've seen.

Best Answer

I couldn't have said it better myself !

Best Answer

That's about the size of it.

Best Answer

thanks :)

Best Answer

Possibly, but also it's MUCH easier not to have to design and cut clothes to fit around womanly curves. I remember reading the old STAR TREK designers loved it when they had skinny guest actresses, claiming it was so much easier just to design and cut/sew costume in straight lines and then add fake boobs later to make the actresses look sexy.

Best Answer

really ? thats interesting

Best Answer

Just thing of the women with the big furry bras, etc.

Best Answer

& the male models ain't much better?!.......eeek

Best Answer

true

Best Answer

Maybe. I think it has more to do with a fashion model being a human coathanger ... too many curves take away from the design of the clothing perhaps? Just a thought. Kind of using the model as a blank canvas on which to show off a design.

Best Answer

i feel it would be more useful if they showed what the clothges looked like on a real person :)

Best Answer

I agree ... I'm not saying that I think the approach is a good one ... just saying that it's probably what lies behind it.

Best Answer

I always thought it was because they dont want to show what the clothes look like on a person they want to show them on a walking coat hanger

Best Answer

lol could be

Best Answer

NO, Hell no......clothes ALWAYS LOOK BETTER ON A SLENDER FIGURE,,,,,,PERIOD......

as for them being gay, I don't see how that would make them want to design for 'boyish' figures; they just want their designs to look good, which is only on a slender figure!

Best Answer

Gaysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, I'm not gay, I like the stereotype, why not have a look at other fashion shows!

Best Answer