ticktockontheclock ticktockontheclock 46-50 15 Answers Aug 21, 2009

I can't speak for all mothers but here's how I feel.<br />
NO - I have two children and I don't favor one over the other at all. However, one of them is more like me so I understand and relate to that one better. The other one is so different from me that I wind up learning more from that one. <br />
They are each unique in their own ways. Therefore I have a unique relationship with each one. I would hate it if they thought I loved one over the other because I relate to them differently. Fortunately for me, I know neither of them feel that way. <br />
Are you the mother or the child, here? Just wondering why you ask.

Best Answer

Some women friends and I discussed this very question years ago. Some of them expressed guilty feelings because they did favour one child more than the others. But I don't think we should confuse "favour" with "love". We all love our children equally, and try to give every single one of them the attention they need and the opportunities they want. As for me, my children are all grown up, but during the child-rearing years, I definitely favoured whichever of the seven of them was giving me the least grief. So my "favoured child" was changing all the time!

Best Answer

To be realistic, yes, some mothers do favour a child and in my opinion it is immature and selfish.<br />
That said, many mothers do not favour a child.<br />
What the children think is always something different, however. I think every child feels that his/her mother favours another sibling, even as that sibling feel the same way.<br />
It's why that Smothers Brothers thing of "Mom always liked you best!" was always so popular.

Best Answer

When I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I had this fear that I would love my oldest more because we had been together for 9 yrs and been through alot together. But, now I can happily say that no, I do not love one of my children more than the other.

Best Answer

My brother was openly shown love, and affection more than I. I made sure to love my children equally. It's a very painful thing to experience!!

Best Answer

It depends on what you consider "favor." I felt that my brother was favored when I was growing up because he got a great more attention but I didn't feel like I was less loved if that makes sense. I think (and I'm not a mother so I don't have first hand knowlege) it's natural to be more comfortable and have more conversations with people who are more like you even if it comes down to your children. Doesn't mean you love the other less, it just means that you understand/relate to one of them more.

Best Answer

yep. each child is different but they get treated equally in most case.

Best Answer

i have know mothers that really do prefer one child over another. i have 5 grown children. i love them all equally, and always have. they know that too.

Best Answer

I am a mom with two young children, a girl and a boy. No, I don't have a favorite. I love each one of them differently for their unique personalities, but I hope I don't favor one over the other. Now, my daughter may feel like I favor the baby over her sometimes because I physically have to HOLD him. But sometimes I love her more because I don't have to physically hold her!<br />
When I had my daughter, my niece whom I love like a daughter, was afraid I wouldn't love her anymore or have time for her. That didn't happen either. She's now my 'teenager'.

Best Answer

Lol my mother has told me that " you may be second born, but there is a reason your #1 on my speed dial"... Probably cause I'm the only one of my siblings that will give her money LOL

Best Answer

I have four children. I love each and everyone of them just as much as the other. They are people. So in that alone, being different people of course sometimes the way we interact with each other, may be different. But each one of my children I consider my miracles. I feel as though I have experience to speak on this subject. My youngest children, twins. Cody, my son. Candace, my daughter. 29 minutes apart. In 2011, we lost Cody. He passed away. The only thing I can think of that could be worse. Would be to loose another of my precious children. My love goes to the depth of my soul for each and everyone of them !!!

Best Answer