Lisa1471 Lisa1471 36-40, F 9 Answers Mar 7, 2013 in Personality Disorder

There is a great article in Psychology Today about this. It is called Why some narcissist and borderlines lie.

Best Answer

Ok good will check out thanks.

Best Answer

I don't know if it would be a narcissist or a pathalogical liar you are referring to.

My ex husband could not tell the truth, poor guy. He had been abused as a child, that is one thing he said that I DID believe and I think it was a coping skill....narcissists don't necessarily lie, but they are probably so selfish that they would be unaware of anyone elses' accomplishments.

Best Answer

Oh, haha, I read the answers below....I don't think I know enough on the subject to have spoken up.

Best Answer

Everyone's contribution is valuable, that's what makes EP what it is.

Best Answer

Not sure but I think that a narcissist would do just about anything as long as it make themselves look good.

Best Answer

they think they are the best and what they do is the best .. simply every single thing about them is great .. so yaa they exaggerate to make things sounds good ..

Best Answer

i'm not 100% positive but it is entirely possible.

Best Answer

In a word,"yes."

This is part of thier job description.

read on;.....................

The 9 Characteristics of Narcissism

1.An exaggerated or grandiose sense of self importance that isn’t supported by reality. He/she believes that his/her priorities, interests, opinions and beliefs are better than or more important than others and as a result, they feel entitled to dominate and control those around them. He/she can even seem quite modest in public about these views, but usually at home these are evident.

2.A preoccupation with fantasies of extraordinary success, power, beauty or love. He/she lives more in a fantasy world of their own making than in reality of both successes and recognised failures.

3.A belief that he/she is special and unique and can only be understood by other special people. He/she sees himself/herself as more special than others, whether it be more accomplished, more feeling, more giving, more ethical, more long suffering, more insightful, etc.

4.An intense need for admiration. When in conversation, he/she can’t listen attentively and will bring the conversation back around to him/her. Often partners of a Narcissist will refer to the one thing they have in common with their Narcissist partner is that they both love him/her.

5.A delusional sense of entitlement. He/she feels that rules, regulations and normal standards don’t apply to them, and also may find hard work, working toward a goal, illness and injury difficult to cope with, as they believe themselves to be above these kind of common things.

6.A tendency to exploit others without guilt and remorse. He/she is a “user” who may manipulate situations such that others end up doing all the work (and the Narcissist often gets the glory), or may end up losing their money. He/she will also promise things that they never deliver on.

7.An absence of meaningful empathy for others. This is almost a universal trait with all Narcissists. He/she is so caught up in their own grandiose fantasy life that they pay no real attention to others in any genuine way. In the courting stage, he/she will use “fake empathy”, but beyond this stage, partners of Narcissists feel completely unsupported and not understood.

8.A tendency to be envious or to assume that he/she is the object of others envy. He/she will be very envious if others close by have more than him/her, and will usually express this as contempt, distain and belittling towards them.

9.An arrogant attitude. He/she will often be judgemental and condescending toward anyone who they feel is not up to their high standards and will regularly “put down” others to bolster their own self esteem.

Best Answer

Wow that about sums it up.Can you go to my profile read Ny story inbox me what you think?

Best Answer

Such a fabulous description of my mother and sister. Your answer has it spot on.

Best Answer

how is that ? LOL

Best Answer

I'm a Narcissist...Now I have met others like me that do have a tendancy to exacerbate the truth a good might...but me myself personally...I try really hard to hit the nail on the head and shoot straight from the hip...

Best Answer

Ok so your saying your a narcissist? Can you read my story on my profile tell me what you think?

Best Answer

which story...

Best Answer

Read it...hmmm...I was never like that in any of my relationships....but it seems to be my dear that your brother is what I call...whipfucked....

Best Answer