celestialangel celestialangel 46-50, F 23 Answers Oct 5, 2008

I think meeting someone online is fine.... but I think for it to be considered a "real" relationship that it eventually has to move offline to "real life" as well. There's a lot more to a full relationship then just words on a screen or over the telephone, in my opinion.

Best Answer

Hi
How long would you give this?

Best Answer

For some of us to be forced into online relationships (forbbiden from having physical ones), it has to work or we should just give up and forget even having a relationship at all. For the most part, these relationships do fail because alot of times they are not 100% serious or truthful. People like to toy with the idea that they got someone thousands of miles away that they can rely on to give them something they can't seem to get in real life and alot of times that happens during marriages.<br />
For myself, most of the time it failed, but I'm difficult and I have standards and expectations and I'm genuinely authentically serious when I get involved. However, two years ago, I swore off the entire online-dating, but I still met someone and I am currently in hopes that we can get together and try to have a successful relationship.<br />
I am in no hurry to make good on it and I am not taking it for granted. We are both very young and are now just starting our lives in reality, we may not ever meet, get married, anything like that, but for right now, we support each other.<br />
I admit, physical is everything, reality is everything, but love has no limitations and knows no bounds. If you love someone deeply enough, you will have much success anywhere with relationships.<br />
Be it, online, a CB radio, letters, phone calls, text-messages or the physical.

Best Answer

I haven't been in any kind of relationship, but I firmly believe that real life relationships work better then online.

Best Answer

I feel obliged to answer this questions. I met my boyfriend online 8 years ago. I met him face to face about 2 months after we started chatting. I was 13 at the time. By the time i was 17 i had probably seen him face to face about 5 times but we managed to talk online and on the phone that entire time. We both had our own lives and were just friends but knew we had a connection.<br />
When I was about 17 and a half I started thinking about what I would do once I finished school - I wasnt happy at home and wanted to leave as soon as I finished. At that stage we decided that we were not going to see other people because we could foresee us being together in a short time.<br />
about 2 weeks after I turned 18 I moved 12 hours away from home to the same city as him. I didn't live with him right away and we just went on dates - we already knew eachother but it was about starting fresh - face to face. I am so greatful for being able to get to know him to some extent and it made the transition so much easier.<br />
we have our problems like all (young) couples but I can say that I am now 21 and have been with him for nearly 4 years. We are happy living together. I really feel like it was meant to be from day one. I was always attracted to him (his personality) and even if after meeting him face to face there are things that I don't like it doesnt bother me because even if I first met someone face to face they would have things I wouldn't like.<br />
I say, give it a go. Hopefully he is honest and you will get to know the real person and not just an online character.

Best Answer

So far so good! (7 months) I'm in that position now myself. Of course I've taken a lot of criticism from even 'well-meaning' friends. But you have to do what you feel is right. That goes in any relationship. Of course it is difficult but not impossible. My best friend met her husband on-line and people told her she was crazy, but she stuck it out and followed her heart. They finally met after talking 6 months on-line and have been married for 3 yrs now. Hope this helps...Good luck!

Best Answer

It could work but I do have to agree with the person who said you eventually will have to turn it into something real. I talk to somebody almost everyday online but we knew each other before and we see each other about once a week. Before when we talked online even though we knew each other we hadn't seen each other in a year. We started talking to each other online and within 2 weeks we were like we need to see each other asap! Friendship online will work I've met wonderful people here but an actaully relationship where you never see each other will be very hard.

Best Answer

I met my husband through the internet, however we just met in real life after i found him in a chat room.

Best Answer

It's okay to chat with people online, but until you meet them in RL you don't really have a relationship.

Best Answer

I have some good relationships in the internet. And I believe absolutely it will last forever, but not in net permanently. However you like internet and relationships there, it is a imaginary world. Real life is better.

Best Answer

Yes it is possible to make an online relationship work at perhaps advance it into something in real life.....but it is tough. If you want things to be then they will be....

Best Answer

how can they you don't get to know the real person you don't hav a clue about them stay well clear

Best Answer

No. had one and it's hard to tell the lies from the fantasy, the fantasy is always better than the true person can ever be. It's too easy for them to lie to you, that is how I ended up moving to Scotland from America! Meet them the usual way get to know them, get to see how they look, how they move the way they look at you, the tone of the voice the way they hold your hand, all those little nice things that make a good relationship must be experienced in person!

Best Answer

The parties involved in online relationships need to be guarded. Like a good book, online relationships can take on a magic driven by imagination because there's no day-to-day interaction. Most in-person relationships struggle in those day-to-day issues...

Best Answer

For a while I suppose,<br />
but eventually you'll get to a point where you have to turn it into something real.

Best Answer

My first one tanked (after flying half way around the world)<br />
My second one did (after flying to the other side of the world)<br />
Until you have had real facetime, I wouldn't start planning the pefect future

Best Answer

they always used to trap us

Best Answer