I mean, here SO many people seem to think the ability to own as many and as deadly firearms as they can have is somehow almost a religion. And I don't mean people who hunt, etc.
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 16 Answers Dec 14, 2012 in Hobbies

The Wild West was not as nearly as 'wild' as you see in the Hollywood movies. A cowboy walking down the street in Dodge City w/ a Colt six-shooter on his hip is approached by another cowboy equipped the same way. The conversation they have is the most polite and respectful anyone could imagine. Why? Because an armed society is a polite society. Neither one is going to anger the other because they can plainly see each has the same ability to end the other's life if provoked.

Best Answer

The U.S. has a love affair with freedom. It's not guns it's the right of individual citizens. Other countries have subjects and slaves that must obey. They can't possibly be armed.<br />
There are a number of other countries that have very relaxed gun laws and thus very low crime rates. Laws much more pro-freedom than the U.S. If I was a teacher I would be very unhappy if my right to self protection and the ability to protect my students was infringed upon.

Best Answer

You need to read US history

Best Answer

What would reading U.S. history reveal to anyone who lives in a country founded by God fearing people who devoted their lives to freedom?

Best Answer

Some do some don't but I carry a handgun for my protection and they protection of my family only....

Best Answer

And if someone with a drawn gun accosted you, would you do a quick-draw? And if guns were banned?

Best Answer

If and only if I HAD to shoot anyone I would pull the trigger in a heartbeart..If guns were banned I would be at the mercy of every idiot criminal that owned a gun and they will still have them

Best Answer

Very true.

Best Answer

Like the criminal is going to say, "Hi, I'm going to rob you, I will sit here and wait until you grab you gun?" Being a semi-intelligent human being, if I lived in an area where people carried guns, I'd club you from behind a sell the gun

Best Answer

That could only happen in a gun free zone. Cowards would never attempt criminal acts on someone who is armed.
Free individuals have a right to at least attempt a quick draw.

Best Answer

I live in Africa. There is a problem with illegal weapons here. But seriously, America has more guns per capita than anyone here. And more shootings. Coincidence?

Best Answer

No, I meant this turning guns into idols, embueing their possession of then into an pseudo-religious belief.

Best Answer

That's a whole other problem. I have never lived in the US, only visited, yet that gun worship thing did seep in to my awareness. It's really odd. But all your TV promotes it. Lately The Walking Dead and Reviolution. If those shows were sponsored by the NRA I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's gun propaganda.

Best Answer

no the us population is the most well armed society in the world. why do you think the government is kept somewhat under control. so as to not rial us into a revolution.

Best Answer

the very idea behind the 2nd ammendment, and since the press is bought off now (watering down the 1st)...

Best Answer

BECAUSE MOST AMERICANS BELIEVE IN THE IDEA AND DREAM OF AMERICA and don't want gun nuts trying to take it over.

Best Answer

Whatever countries do share the U.S. gun laws, European countries don't. I'm from the Netherlands myself and our gun laws are much more strict than the Americans and I think that's a good thing. It makes me feel safe without having to carry a gun.<br />
Not only guns are very hard to get over here (nobody carries a gun anyway), ammo is even harder to get. In America you can buy ammo just about everywhere, in Europe you can't. Take away the ammo and you take away the violence of guns.

Best Answer

in a lot of smaller countries, a lot of people are in the militia, and keep weapons at home..<br />
for some reason, i suspect that everybody in Tblisi carries a concealed weapon

Best Answer

We are militant. That's our role in the world.

Best Answer

I think Canada.

Best Answer

i think here in Canada there are a whole lot of people who love guns, but those people are collectors and hunters, ranchers, trappers, farmers etcf... they have huge respect for them, as well they respect the fact they have to be registered and controlled. Don't get me wrong, a whole lot of them hate the gun laws, but know they have to do what they have to do. As well I am pretty sure a whole lot of them "hide" their guns as well.

Best Answer

it is a religion, the belief that a people have the right to be free, that all power, 2nd amendment has nothingto do with hunting animals only for the eventuall offthrow of vile government, jefferson said should be expected every 20 years

Best Answer

Best Answer

Best Answer