... take parenting classes? I'm doing an essay for a class assignment where I have to make a scientific argument and I thought I could make be a good scientific argument out of this? What do you think good or bad??
onceloved onceloved 18-21, F 5 Answers Apr 15, 2012

Parent Effectiveness Training (or P.E.T.) has a statistically very high rate of success. Check it out on Wikipedia.

Best Answer

Well, my parents went to TLC/ tough love center. which taught them to ask more questions , how to handle us. I dont know the real extent of the program. It was a breaze for me, i wasnt the reason they started the classes. my brother however.... i dont think anything would have changed the path he was on. maybe he was too old when they started. it was a good program, and if i have kids i would use the techniques on them.

Best Answer

thank you for you VERY helpful response! :)
I'm doing it!

Best Answer

GREAT! .

Best Answer

Could you tell me the techniques? the impact in your brother or you?

Best Answer

you want the secret to being a good parent..... you put your childs needs always and foremost before your own needs. its that simple

Best Answer

thanks although I knew that. Does not answer my Q's though

Best Answer

thats all that they taught me in mine or tried to since i too had been raised to put kids before my own needs. sorry im in one of my smartass happy moods. i wasnt trying to offend

Best Answer

I highly doubt it. Those that are forced to go are being forced. It's like a judge ordering one to go to an AA meeting. Side note if I ever get forced to go to an AA meeting I feel being as though they are anonymous It is likely I will not find one and that should be an understandable reason as to why you could not make it. Look Judge no one could tell me it's anonymous.

Best Answer

what is it that you highly doubt?
I don't understand yout point completely?
PLEase explain, I will highly appreciate it .

Best Answer