... take parenting classes? I'm doing an essay for a class assignment where I have to make a scientific argument and I thought I could make be a good scientific argument out of this? What do you think good or bad??
onceloved onceloved 18-21, F 5 Answers Apr 15, 2012

Parent Effectiveness Training (or P.E.T.) has a statistically very high rate of success. Check it out on Wikipedia.

Best Answer

I don't know much about parenting classes but I do know a bad parent simply by how defensive and indigent they get when you talk about raising kids. The ones that get pissed off just because you have ideas how to raise kids are the ones that would make terrible parents. Real parents are like, "I hope I don't do something wrong." Bad parents are like, "I will do it my way."

Best Answer

Agree! but do you think it would be ok to forced parents to be to take the class?

Best Answer

Well, it would have to be a class based on good principles, and a sincere student willing to work and change for the best possible.

Best Answer

usually the pro spankers are of the my way. Unfortunately, they are the majority. And usually (in my experience anyway), they are the ones getting defensive and throw f-bombs at you, when you tell them that you want to try something else, and stick to it if possible. But I agree with you on the good parents. The good parents usually question themselves. And because they question themselves, they tend to end up with happier kids that have less tantrums. In my experience at least. What are your thoughts providential?

Best Answer

I have talked to pro-spankers myself, and what I learned is that they are very defensive. They will look you in the eye and say, "There's no evidence at all." However, there's plenty of evidence, they just chose not to look at it.

Best Answer

Well, my parents went to TLC/ tough love center. which taught them to ask more questions , how to handle us. I dont know the real extent of the program. It was a breaze for me, i wasnt the reason they started the classes. my brother however.... i dont think anything would have changed the path he was on. maybe he was too old when they started. it was a good program, and if i have kids i would use the techniques on them.

Best Answer

thank you for you VERY helpful response! :)
I'm doing it!

Best Answer

GREAT! .

Best Answer

Could you tell me the techniques? the impact in your brother or you?

Best Answer

you want the secret to being a good parent..... you put your childs needs always and foremost before your own needs. its that simple

Best Answer

thanks although I knew that. Does not answer my Q's though

Best Answer

thats all that they taught me in mine or tried to since i too had been raised to put kids before my own needs. sorry im in one of my smartass happy moods. i wasnt trying to offend

Best Answer

I highly doubt it. Those that are forced to go are being forced. It's like a judge ordering one to go to an AA meeting. Side note if I ever get forced to go to an AA meeting I feel being as though they are anonymous It is likely I will not find one and that should be an understandable reason as to why you could not make it. Look Judge no one could tell me it's anonymous.

Best Answer

what is it that you highly doubt?
I don't understand yout point completely?
PLEase explain, I will highly appreciate it .

Best Answer