Your Mom/Dad threatens to take something. That something is something you bought with your own money and did not receive it from them. Is it right for the parents to take it?
PoetLover PoetLover 31-35, M 16 Answers Mar 18, 2013 in Single Parenthood

That's theft.

Best Answer

Only if it is in the parents' home and they don't want it there. They should return it if the child wants to keep it somewhere else, however.

Best Answer

It depends. What things are you referring to? Drugs? Cigarettes? P0rn? Explicit music? Or are you asking if parents have the right to take away certain things like a phone or electronics, due to the child's behavior? What behavior of the child caused the parent to threaten to do so? Does the child pay rent and other bills? How old is the child?

Certainly, loving parents have the right to set boundaries and control a child's behavior by limiting privileges - even if that means taking items the child bought themselves.

Best Answer

18+ I think no.

Best Answer

Are you really 31 to 35 years old?

Best Answer

I'm only 30... Why you interested?

Best Answer

...cuz your question makes you sound like a spoiled 14 y/o...

Best Answer

I was just wondering if as a parent. I should take away things from my son, even though he earned them.

Best Answer

I never found it necessary to do with with my 2 kids. They are both over 25 now.

Best Answer

This issue arises, especially, in instances of child celebrities. One obvious example is children who starred in movies like Harry Potter.

Best Answer

I don't think so

Best Answer

If you live in the parents home, YES! My house, my rules. You don't like it.....move out. Then you can do whatever you want.

Best Answer