In my opinion, I think pastors/priests/etc. are too concerned with evangelism and conversion. Most people outside of the church couldn't care less about "finding Jesus" and no amount of kindness or persistence will change their minds. All it does is annoy most people. Further, I think by being too worried about evangelism, they lose sight of the people they already have as part of the church "family." Anyway, thoughts? FYI -- I am not part of a church at the moment, but I have been on both sides of the fence. I was part of a church as a member and I have had people try to convert me to a religion.
alicia87 alicia87 22-25, F 6 Answers Aug 6, 2009

The good Shepherd leaves His flock to search for the lost sheep. <br />
The sheep that He leaves should be able to stay safe in the area the Shepherd left them protected in. If not, they leave because of their own doing, and the Shepherd has to go look for them too. Stop dissing the Shepherd, He's got enough work, it's the silly sheep that keep leaving for selfish reasons.

Best Answer

Yes, lost people are always more important. Once they are brought back to the religious communities, they will have more opportunities to learn about the commands of God and practice them. And finally, they may become more virtuous and knowledgeable than the priests.<br />
In the past, pastors are considered as shepherds to look after the sheeps. Now, the sheeps have become equal or even more equal than them, so they can only show some dominant role among the wayward.

Best Answer

All dogmatic thinkers, pastors included, eventually get tired of hearing the same old sh1t. Really, when you think about it: does anyone ever come up with anything new at a church gathering? How many roads lead to the same slow death? <br />
When the road gets straight and narrow, what does one do? They look for hitchhikers. People who are stranded in life and desperate for a bandwagon to climb aboard. This is why you see the vultures with their little watchtower magazine proliferate in poor neighborhoods, taking advantage of the desperate. I myself have never met more "religious" people in one area than I saw in prison. <br />
So my answer? I never really thought of pastors as being especially "appreciative" of the "ones they have" in the first place. Where there is no quality, one looks for quantity.

Best Answer