I think a "badge" can mean something deeper than a trophy.

Best Answer

It might if there was context for it but, I honestly can't think of anything else it could pertain to. I haven't talked to this person much but I honestly don't comment on posts in my circle unless I think I actually have something meaningful to contribute. I'm not one of those people that gives trite comments devoid of any substance just so someone can see they have a comment on something they post. *shrugs*

Best Answer

yeah im thinking the same

Best Answer

There are people that just try to increase the number of friends they have in their circle as if it was a badge of goodness or something. Perhaps that's what the person was trying to say. But from what I have seen of your stuff around EP, you do not qualify.

Best Answer

"from what I have seen of your stuff around EP, you do not qualify." Thanks for the compliment. I understand some people are friend collectors that spam folks with invites (I've seen that on every social networking site I've been on quite honestly) but... if I were a collector I think it's safe to say I'd have a whole lot more than 37 friends considering I've been here since 2010 so I really donno what they were thinking.

Best Answer

This won't surprise you.<br />
Not too long ago I was sent a message from a person asking me to tick 'Like' on her response because she wanted to get Question of the Day for *that* particular day so she could be awarded the next higher Trophy that she wanted. I couldn't believe this person could do this! She actually stated that she wanted the next Trophy and she wanted me to vote her answer up!<br />
There you go. It might not be what you ask, but it's linked in a likwise way. I CANNOT believe that a person can message me and ask to vote her answer up for the sake of a 'pixel Trophy' and now I'm wondering who else does this sort of thing. It's totally pathetic and I've put this person on Block, but not before sending her a message saying I couldn't believe she would do sucha bloody childish thing AND insult my intelligence in the process ... lol<br />
So yeah, believe it if you want to take my experience into consideration.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Seriously, trying to rig votes on a social networking site just to get some new pixels on a page that no one ever looks at? I know this is going to sound condescending but I don't even care, this person needs to get a REAL HOBBY, like, today because that is just utterly pitiful.

Best Answer

The sad fact is that there really *are* some pityful people here in EP. They live it, they breath it and outside it they have little else. I sometimes don't know if that is a bad thing; for 'whatever' reason, this might make some people's life a better place (goodness knows why, but I'm thinking outside the box here.) But it doesn't help pampering to people like this because some are *very* serious about this place. Answers are bumped up from friends to friends for no other reason than they are friends and some of the more stupid BA's show this. Anyway ... like you say, it's been going on for long enough well before this place starte and, no doubts, it will continue. ~F~

Best Answer

I have probably ticked off a lot of people by not 'friending them' simply because I don't know them to do it.. and some of the few I did were just people looking for .. as you say.. badge things

Best Answer

so we actually get badges for friending people and there are people that care about the stupid things? I don't even know what to say to that. I am overwhelmed by the utter lameness of it all.

Best Answer

I don't look at the badges/trophies things. I actually had another person tell me I had received a trophy.. and I had no idea I had it.

Best Answer

I don't pay any attention to them either. They are a graphic, not a prize of any consequence. I'll care about trophies when they start handing out gift certificates to my favorite eateries. lol

Best Answer

that's a weird response. Just count yourself lucky not to have to have any more dealings with them

Best Answer

I tried to get badgers.... but then the ferrets and wolverines started showing up.

Best Answer

we get badges for adding people? wtf?

Best Answer

I agree, wtf?

Best Answer

I don't "friend" very many people. And none who fan me without ever having any prior communications. I think some people are simply collectors. I look at their profile, and see that they have thousands of groups, and thousands of *friends*. Friends? Really? I checked out one profile today, (for some reason) and his/her status said I don't want any more friends. I thought *Well, okay then* And I went on my way.

Best Answer

I don't fan folks as a rule. I did one person but they never got back to me and that was that. I only add friends when they fan me. I've learned to check the profiles really well too. I've gotten requests from some real doosies.

Best Answer

Me too. I am careful.

Best Answer

I'm strictly here for the badges

Best Answer

Are you having fun trollin' tonight? ;)

Best Answer

Have no idea, it says grab this badge whatever but I have never worked out how to do it and in the end what does it really matter?

Best Answer

it doesn't matter.

Best Answer