Some one I care very much about is angry with me. I had the best intentions of helping them, but I suppose I lacked tact in my approach. What is a boy to do?
thisisnolongerfun thisisnolongerfun 26-30, M 13 Answers Apr 28, 2011

My son does, but he lacks understanding about certain things, so he is an exception. <br />
I had a friend last year that got mad at me for something or other....probably something I did to be helpful, as she was constantly asking for either advice or help of some sort. But I don't know for sure what that was about. <br />
Other than those, I haven't been in that situation for a while. But I understand what you are talking about. It can be really hard to know how to phrase something that you feel someone needs to hear, and hard to know when you are crossing one of their emotional boundaries. <br />
What's a boy to do? The best he can. Try to clarify your intentions and say you are sorry that it was taken the wrong way. If your friend sees your heart, I think it will be all right.

Best Answer

I believe that dysfunctional people do that. They often ask for advice and then choose to ignore it, and then they become very uncomfortable around you because they are not taking your advice and seem angry with you, and will often reject you completely. Dysfunctional people often reject anyone who tries to really help them, simply because they can't face the solutions to their own problems.

Best Answer

I think it happens to everyone at some stage. At least your intentions were good (they WERE, right?!?).

Best Answer

Yes, especially when I share God, the love of my life with them, or when I mother them when they want to go down the wrong path such as drinking and driving or have an eating disorder or anything. Some people just don't know what's good for them sometimes you can't even lead the horse to the trof let alone force it to drink.

Best Answer

Only all the time. I'm kinda brutally honest with people and even if my advice is helpful, they get offended and angry. Maybe we can all get along if we smile and nod, but if something's sketchy, I'll disturb the peace.

Best Answer

Yes, my son somtimes. I keep forgetting that he does grow up and mature with time and some things he can handle on his own.

Best Answer

Yeap, and I've learned that sometimes its best to keep out of others business and let them learn from their own mistakes. That way whatever decision is made they can only blame themselves.

Best Answer

This happens to me all the time. Usually it's just because the other person in frustrated, but it's quite irritating when you are trying to help and all they do is get mad.

Best Answer

No, they tend to throw whatever I do back in my face, which is why I stopped caring about most people.

Best Answer