Jalen83 Jalen83 26-30, M 4 Answers Jan 18 in Doing Good

In my experience, yes. I waited 30 years to get help because I refused to see how much what happened to me messed my head up. I'm doing a lot better now though. :)

Best Answer

People can be scared of admitting the thought about how vulnerable they really once were as children. I, myself have a hard time admitting that my parents divorce at 10 made me more anxious in general.

Best Answer

people think I have a mental illness; I was diagnosed with one; but nobody ever did a full work up on me or listened to me or was receptive to listening. I believe I have PTSD due to trauma in my early childhood. If I have a mental illness, I don't think I was treated nicely about it; instead, I feel like the butt of people's jokes, that they think I'm lesser than they are, that I'm sick and contagious and just a waste of living space.

Best Answer

I have that same problem. My family thinks I'm lazy and apathetic, but the reality is I'm so terrified of making choices or being in public I can't work or go to school. I know I can't, and I've accepted that fact. But the others, they have no idea. Then again they didn't go through what I went through so I have to understand their perspective.

Best Answer

I'm not a psychologist so how would I know.:))

Best Answer

I doubt it.

Best Answer