superficialife superficialife 22-25, F 4 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Community

they do...& try a lot!! hubby works at one.. they have bed checks, so if they do kill themselves.. lots of time the guards will get in trouble. if someone mentions suicide, they get moved to a watch cell so they can be observed.. sad when a young kid does it, because he was someones B. but, if they want to do it.. give them a knife & tell them not to make a mess!!!

Best Answer

Do guards try to keep them alive to keep them productive, or do you think they honestly sincerely care about them even if they aren't beneficial to their livelihood?
I can imagine the pain and heartache of being in jail and the desire of escape... tough stuff :/

Best Answer

my hubby is a good guard... there are ones that are bad to the prisoners!! Its easier to keep the prisoners as happy as you can.. for the guards sake :) as long as your honest... a lot of guards are not!!

Best Answer

I think they have fun. They have TV, pool, I think they get college classes. They have a good life.

Best Answer

they sure do!!

Best Answer

Hardly anyone kills themselves in jail. They don't hand out suicide materials to prisoners. When the news reports "suicide" in jail its an excuse for murder by cop.

The US currently has almost 4 million men in prison, a huge portion of all men. It is the most prisoners that any nation has jailed at any time in all of history. It is the most oppressive police state governments ever seen.

Best Answer

I wonder how the people that are in jail push it to the next day.... how they continue to have the will to live...
Isn't it crazy that no one asked to exist and once you don't prove beneficial to the livelihood of others, if you are a threat, or unmoldable you are thrown away and locked away... It feels so shallow, even though I understand out innate desire towards self-preservation... I just see myself and everyone else as selfish fighting for their own desires... whether those desires enhance survival or not...

Best Answer