Do you know anyone who has for real?
jeanemae jeanemae 26-30 15 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

I dated one person on this site. She was far away, as I was, but she was just so beautiful, so wise, intellectual, funny... she and I... we helped each other through that year together.<br />
And we met here and I contacted her because one of her stories just made me laugh. Sounded like something I would've written down.<br />
So yes, folks do come together when they see a connection and go with it.<br />
Now, does it last? ... Next question.

Best Answer

Thank you for the firsthand response :)

Best Answer

I doubt it. I've never had any luck on any time of site.

Best Answer

Anything can happen if you wish to find one then why not follow your heart

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

No clue.

Best Answer

Fair enough

Best Answer

Have I met people off EP? Yes, has it been fairytale perfect and we made it to the altar? No,

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

The thing is you have to remember - when sharing so much of your raw authentic self - that can be very intoxicating to the person who stumbles across your profile and stories. So no it is not a dating site but people have had their hearts kindled here.

Best Answer

...and broken. *Ahem* Sorry, please continue.

Best Answer

That makes perfect sense. There are actually a few people here that I do think would be interesting to see what they are really like ....when I think about it that way.

Best Answer

Nobody told me. Hey all the ladies out there....single guy here!<br />
:)

Best Answer

Lol.....now we know

Best Answer

I haven't found the right person yet, but I am willing to hook up<br />
I do believe it happens, but I never thought of this as a dating site<br />
Keep your options open and wee what happens

Best Answer

Possible....buts seems really improbable

Best Answer

I suppose location has a lot to do with it
I have become great friends with others from sites like this, and yes, I have met up with them. I find I seem to know them better here before we ever meet.

Best Answer

I guess if you lived in a populous area you might have a good chance of meeting someone you clicked with... so location probably does have a lot to do with it. That makes sense.

Best Answer

Let's hook up?

Best Answer

I live a long way from Kentucky and am pro gun regulation ....Still want to "hookup?" :)

Best Answer

Why Not, We will have something to fight about

Best Answer

But it wouldn't be a fair fight.... with your guns and all:)
I remember driving through Kentucky, though ...it was pretty.

Best Answer

You will love my gun! and thanks

Best Answer

Lol, is it golden?

Best Answer

sometimes arrangements get made here

Best Answer

Really? Do you know any real cases....or have you just heard the same chatter and you believe it rather than doubt as I do?

Best Answer

I am aware of some but discretion is a major factor. Sometimes distance makes it too inconvenient but sometimes distance is not an issue

Best Answer

Ah.....so good for the illicit sort of relationships.

Best Answer

Sssshhhhh<br />
It's a secret to everybody!<br />
But in all honesty :)<br />
EP is just a platform. People do with it what they like. Just look at the fact trolls exist. They exist outside troll platforms.

Best Answer

At least 70% of the stuff on EP is pure fantasy. It's hard to imagine that makes it a very good place to use as a dating site.

Best Answer

That's an interesting view on dating. You believe dating should include fantasy and stories? It sure does add to the romance and the experience, but what of the future? Are we being greedy for wanting one and should we just enjoy what is instead? Just play around on EP and meet people but expect nothing?

Best Answer

I meant most of the stuff is fantasy so it seems unlikely that anything really would happen offline. I mean even actual dating sites have pretty low success rates.

Best Answer

Ah I see. That's a fair point :)
Why don't you just try it and find out? Maybe that's one experience worth exploring :D

Best Answer

Hmm....I like to keep it anonymous online. I'm a bit suspicious of meeting people online and telling them personal stuff. I never even mention my real town or name.

Best Answer

Of course you shouldn't! No need to lie to someone when you can both agree to fantasize. Just dream up your own story and live it together. Why include tedious details. Have a little romance, spread some love, be honest and brutally direct in your words and impossible in your meaning. You could spend endless times enjoying EP online with that, without being anyone. You could be a TotalLoser like me and be an EP character instead of a person, that's not an obstacle, that's just exciting.

Best Answer