I think people think that I am not super confident in myself sometimes...or something. But really I just want to know how I come across as to people because I find it interesting. And especially with a possible job or something important, I want to come across as someone good and confident. Yeah know? And I'm just simply curious. Why do you think people do this?
eyeswideopen88 eyeswideopen88 22-25, F 5 Answers Jan 14, 2013 in Parenting & Family

because it makes them feel important when u ask, which leads to them wanting to lower u even more to boost their feeling of importance.

Best Answer

exactly!!! i swear..i thought i was the only one who felt this way!!

Best Answer

Yeah, I agree. And it's ******* stupid.

Best Answer

lol well youre not

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer

omg!! i have had this happen to me so many times! people are so closed-minded that they think that if you merely ask if you appear confident, you aren't confident. it makes me think that they don't understand me at all! i love myself so much that it borders on narcissism at times.....so annoying.

Best Answer

You do rock.

Best Answer

I think we are all curious as to how people perceive us. It's a fair question.

Best Answer

I'm quite confident but still get a little nervous before a job interview (well I used to when I still worked for other people). I found it helpful to go over things you would probably be saying in the interview with someone else beforehand. Interviews are like anything else, you get better at them with practice so it's worth practicing before heading into one. I'd prefer to do that with someone in the real world though than in a site like this.

Best Answer