Of course not. There are some brilliant theologians and just plain clever religious folk. There are also some dumbass atheists. And I say this as an atheist. Just because I disagree with someone doens't mean they're stupid.

Best Answer

well said

Best Answer

Great answer.

Best Answer

Typhoid: This makes you smart! TY ;)

Best Answer

No, but their intellect and rationality are bounded within a perimeter of nonsense by a barrier of bullshit

Best Answer

What if they feel the same way about you?

Best Answer

I'd make a valiant but futile effort to care

Best Answer

Well, thats the funny thing about religion...either side can and usually do make the same arguments just in a different way. They say the same things based on different experiences...think about it! ;)

Best Answer

This changes the very "idea" of intellect all together because a religious person's intellect is based on irrationality...
But a lot of religious people are so happy! But a lot aren't I guess...

Best Answer

your a brave soul :)

Best Answer

Thank you...they warned me about you

Best Answer

as they shud :)

Best Answer

*shudder*

Best Answer

Do What Now?

Best Answer

Some

Best Answer

George Washington Carver? Thomas Aquinas? Thomas Moore? Paul Tillich? Milton? Martin Luther King?

Best Answer

Like any general group ... some do some don't

Best Answer

It's tempting for us atheists to think so, but the truth is, not necessarily.<br />
The Catholic Church started universities, and started philosophy with the intention of using logic to prove the existence of God. Some extraordinarily intellectual arguments in God's favour were developed, each of which was found to have a fatal floor in logic.<br />
It takes profound intellect do design and build the great religious monuments of the world, the great religious music, art and poetry, great novels of spiritual depth about the human condition.<br />
Faith does not require intellect in order to believe.<br />
Intellect and faith can co-exist in any one individual, and can be compartmentalised, or even selectively used to support one another.<br />
I think one of the biggest difficulties in western thinking is that we're uncomfortable with paradox.<br />
Witness, for example, how much difficulty we have with Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.<br />
And people are in fact often much more paradoxical than we like to believe.

Best Answer

Some do, just as some non religious people lack intellect. I don't think it is a matter of intellect at all.

Best Answer

No they don't. Narrow minded chauvinist people, either religious or not, are. But give them times, they might grow up and man enough to accept the facts.

Best Answer

WOW!

Best Answer

what say you??

Best Answer

I. Was completely overwhelmed by the uniformed, and uneducated, on this and how it got complteley taken to another level, from the original question.

Best Answer

NO.

Best Answer

I would say that intellect or lack thereof would be effected directly by a person's heritage. Intelligence is hereditary, religion is not.

Best Answer

Religion is passed down though through generations....that is how it is kept alive and practiced, and intelligence can be acquired and deepened. Heredity will simply affect how you go about doing that

Best Answer

amen

Best Answer

Religion is not nature, it's nurture. Religious indoctrination does not imply that a person can be born believing in religion. A prime example being my family of Christians and the select few of us who sought to fulfill different beliefs or ideas. A person of lower intelligence could claim religion and not truly follow it, it takes a truly intelligent person to understand religion and the people behind it--and it takes a wise person to tell the difference between the two. If I suddenly claimed to be atheist it wouldn't make my IQ increase, and surely anyone with a mind to learn can expand their intellect.

Best Answer

thank you, i got it!

Best Answer

Faith is simply believing in something that there is no scientific proof for. Nothing to do with intelligence

Best Answer

So intelligence is not based on reason or logic, it is based on what we decide to believe? Not on fact, but rather truth instead?

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Do people lack intellect? <br />
Answer that question, and you find the answer to your original one.

Best Answer

Interesting....smart people who say religious people are dumb are looking like they need to take their own advice heeheehee ;)

Best Answer

Sometimes, but here are plenty of intelligent delusional people apparently.

Best Answer

So religion is a delusion? A very real one, apparently....

Best Answer