gypsygirly gypsygirly 26-30, F 9 Answers Jan 1, 2011

No, not normally. Most wild animals can make it through temporary extremes of weather. They have good fur to insulate them. They usually put on some fat reserves prior to winter. They always store up food and have it available and accessible. They go into a semi-hibernation state if it gets cold enough and blizzards don't usually last that long. I have lived in Minnesota for the last 20 years and weather many blizzards here and 6 winters I lived in North Dakota, and we never seem to run out of squirrels. They empty my bird feeders all the time.

Best Answer

The dumb ones maybe..Animals are a lot more in tune with nature than humans..they are smart enough to get out of the bad weather...Humans..well, a lot of them just..ain't that smart..*LOL*

Best Answer

Squirrels are also capable of hibernation in the colder climes... I know that the Red Pine squirrels that lived where I grew up hibernated all winter and came back out in the spring.

Best Answer

Ha! A squirrelcicle :D.

Best Answer

No probably not. Though they may appear to be frozen because their fur has collected frost.

Best Answer

Nope , They just go to sleep and wake up in spring , Very simple .

Best Answer

No, if a they die due to a blizzard it because of suffocation or starvation.

Best Answer

I would think as sixfootoneamazongirl that they would need to find some kind of shelter.

Best Answer