sewXmyselfXshut sewXmyselfXshut 18-21, F 13 Answers May 8, 2012

block your number and dont give your address. i have actually talked to a girl who had police sent to her house after telling a hotline she was suicidal...they ended up taking away her two dogs, saying she wasn't fit to take care of them and she had no family who could take them :((

Best Answer

how do i block my number

Best Answer

in the US i believe it is *67 before you dial the phone number

Best Answer

That is so horrible! That doesn't even make sense! Animals help with depression and stuff. Tell her to sue them! I'm serious. She would really have a good case. She shouldn't let that go.

Best Answer

They've never tracked me.<br />
No need to be so paranoid. These people are there for anonymous calls, so they wouldn't need your personal details.<br />
x

Best Answer

Yeah. They tracked me down and I was so ******* pissed off you have no idea. I had to run away after that.

Best Answer

Back in the day they couldn't but now I'm sure they can.

Best Answer

The place I volunteer at doesn't track anyone. I know most help lines make it a point maintaining your anonymity, as it's the only thing that will convince people to actually call.

Best Answer

whats the number?

Best Answer

Wouldn't do you any good, I'm in Europe.

Best Answer

Yeah they lie! Legit.

Best Answer

True story 3 in the AM, Yes they do. My brother thought he would play a joke on my friend when we were kids. He called the hotline using the home phone in the 1990's and said he had a gun and was going to kill himself and so on. He gave my friends name and address. It so happened to be my friend was asleep in view of the bay window with a pillow over his head. They kicked down the door guns drawn.(This was told to us by the cops after word.) About a half hour later they had traced the call and were at our house deciding as to whether to arrest my brother(he was only 12.) They did not and left only to come back 15 minutes later and re decide if they were to arrest him because the stretch limo had made it's way to my friends house. They in the end still did not.

Best Answer

I think this case is very rare.. since your brother gave your friends name and address of course someone was going to come over...

Best Answer

No I don't think so. I think it is probably better to go ahead and give it a whirl. If you do end up detained in a psych ward, do everything and say anything you can to get released quickly! This is key. They have been proven not to be effective. You cannot use emergency means to treat what should be taken care of in extended talk therapy. Then after getting out/right NOW! haha --you should talk to your parents about getting a psychologist (talk therapist). If you think you need to be medicated it is much cheaper to use a psychologist + your primary physician for drugs, rather than fork up the cash for a psychiatrist (who prescribes drugs).<br />
Lastly, you would be surprised at what your friends and family are willing to accept. They have all been there, believe it or not. This will not "destroy" anything. You might not realize this, but you will have a long life with your family that is going to develop over time. Getting through these things together will be better in the end. Even they will change as they get older, so give them the tools to be better parents, by being honest and open.

Best Answer

They don't let you out when they take you to the hospital. I never even said I was going to kill myself and they kept me in there. It's like jail and they treat you like ****.

Best Answer

I do not know your Country, but in the UK when i have worked on help lines, if they view you as high risk they will send help to you to try to prevent a tragedy.<br />
But with how America is obsessed over privacy maybe not

Best Answer

America is not private at all lol. It is so easy to track someone down. I don't think I've ever had anything not get out. The government basically stalks you and they even allow the public to do it. You just pay online and get access to whomevers records, address, job, etc.

Best Answer

Then you came to the right place. what's going on?

Best Answer

nope :D anonymous

Best Answer