stankadiddlehopper stankadiddlehopper 51-55, M 9 Answers May 17, 2012

Without a DOUBT!!! They were innovators and their music transcends. I'm not a fan of rap, but theirs is an entirely different genre with a style so unique...so of course they deserve to be there.

Best Answer

I think they do. They seem to be pretty individual, as well as popular. I can see their influence on some music that has come forth since.

The hall of fame is about more than being popular, it is about making a real mark on the industry.

Best Answer

You've got to fight, for your right, toooo party!

Best Answer

yeah they do

Best Answer

...totally ;}

Best Answer

I'm say no, but I'd be open to arguments why they should be. Personally I felt they were just rich white boys ripping off black music and didn't really innovate anything.

Best Answer

There's a good case to be made for it: they released the first rap album to to go #1 on the Billboard album chart. Along with LL Cool J they were among the first acts to get published through Def Jam Records.

Best Answer

Hell yeah they do...but IMO it should be called the Music Hall of Fame...not Rock. That term is so "dated".

Best Answer

Absolutely not!

Best Answer

You must hate (c)rap as much as I do.

Best Answer

Oh yeah. I think I know why they chose them though. It was to appease MTV - seriously. A couple of years ago when they inducted Neil Diamond, MTV made a big deal out of it because they said that he was not worthy. Their problem is that Neil, and many others, did not need MTV promotion to make them a star. Those people did it with talent, not antics.

Best Answer

I don't even know what the criteria is to be inducted.

Best Answer

Neither do I but just something about a rapper of any flavor in there.

Best Answer

it's a lot of nonsense anyway.

Best Answer

It is. But I watched the show last night and had to fast forward through their music.

Best Answer