Without a DOUBT!!! They were innovators and their music transcends. I'm not a fan of rap, but theirs is an entirely different genre with a style so unique...so of course they deserve to be there.

Best Answer

I think they do. They seem to be pretty individual, as well as popular. I can see their influence on some music that has come forth since. <br />
The hall of fame is about more than being popular, it is about making a real mark on the industry.

Best Answer

You've got to fight, for your right, toooo party!

Best Answer

yeah they do

Best Answer

...totally ;}

Best Answer

I'm say no, but I'd be open to arguments why they should be. Personally I felt they were just rich white boys ripping off black music and didn't really innovate anything.

Best Answer

There's a good case to be made for it: they released the first rap album to to go #1 on the Billboard album chart. Along with LL Cool J they were among the first acts to get published through Def Jam Records.

Best Answer

Absolutely not!

Best Answer

You must hate (c)rap as much as I do.

Best Answer

Oh yeah. I think I know why they chose them though. It was to appease MTV - seriously. A couple of years ago when they inducted Neil Diamond, MTV made a big deal out of it because they said that he was not worthy. Their problem is that Neil, and many others, did not need MTV promotion to make them a star. Those people did it with talent, not antics.

Best Answer