You're going to find some group who disagrees with how events unfolded as they will feel their version is the right one and not the one written up. Is it accurate ... well I would say as accurate as the writers of that section want it to be. Somebody is always going to interpet historical documents one way while somebody else uses those same documents and come up with completely different story. It's like a group of people witnessing something, all the exact same thing, they are all going to put their own spin on what exactly happened and they will have have their own story ... the conclusion is the same but how it happened might vary. <br />
Anyway I'm satisfied with the history classes I took in high school and in college and when new things are uncovered I'm open minded enough to say ok ...I can see how it might have happened that way instead. But people that want to totally revise history in order for them to be satisfied ... they're better off writing ficition

Best Answer

I guess it would depend on what country you're referring to.

Best Answer

Well I live in the United States and have a keen interest in my country's history so I would be talking about my country

Best Answer

I live in the United States as well, and if you're saying our history books were even close to being accurate on how we treated individual Nations of Native Americans, I would disagree with you.

Best Answer

Your totaly right

Best Answer

Not raelly history you have to remember is written by the victors & there are bound to be more then a few exadurations or ulterations to the books so they only reflect some issues also there is a lot of propaganda written into it, If you really wan't to know more about history go & visit a museum or better yet the countries involved in the real events.<br />
James

Best Answer

so true.

Best Answer

Not any more. Most schools intend to teach leftist political and social agendas rather than to educate students. So their "history" books are all about leftist political and social agendas, not about teaching history.

Best Answer

Of course not. Some are better than others, I'm sure, but even those wishing to share the actual truth would have difficulty making an accurate history book appropriate for children.

Best Answer

so true. And I agree that some are good.

Best Answer

if they didn't we wouldn't have just celebrated Columbus day

Best Answer

Is the day that was celebrated acurate? hmm.

Best Answer

oddlyenuff: HAHA!!!!! Totally ;}

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

>History Books<br />
>Accurate history <br />
HAHAHAHA

Best Answer

Are........you......joking? Hell no.

Best Answer

I heard they were trying to take world war two out of the history curriculum, so I would guess no, also when you consider the victor writes the history the truth could be a long way from the truth.

Best Answer