RojoJeepNut: I think I saw the "green/red dot numbers" as an 8 embedded in the other color but it WAS many years ago. It would seem not everyone COULD see only green or only red and I never considered grey or brown; I'm glad to get input, even though this won't solve world peace I thought it was interesting.
freeed freeed 61-65, M 15 Answers Mar 18, 2010

I am colorblind....

I see red as brown and green as grey

Best Answer

Brown

Best Answer

My BF sees shades of grey. He can see green if red is not present as well. My X BF saw brown and oddly identified all browns in reality as red.

Best Answer

No. Not like color seeing eyes do, they are missing some cones that translate those colors.

Ny son is colorblind and cannot see red like I do, the red he sees is actually dark, and kind of gray. He showed me by comparisons what it looked like to him.

I think he sees green a bit better, it is a bit bluish to him. I think this is genetic, not sure.

I imagine it is different for each person who is colorblind, though. It is not so 'rare' in nature either, some mammals see in 'black and white', or, other modes, like dogs, who see more bluish tones.

Maybe we're part wolf. haha

Best Answer

I am partially red-green colour blind; I found out because I encoded something in a pink pencil amidst green scribbles, and couldn't see the writing - but others could.

I can distinguish a saturated (strong) red from green; but pastel red / pink and pastel green look beige to me, unless I see them side by side - then I may sometimes be able to tell which is which.

Best Answer

Another: "huh" ? Award.

Best Answer

They distinguish between neither red/green, but for that lapse in their cognition they are rewarded with the most amazing ability to do probability equations. Life never hands you a card that you can't play. Al Capone--the scientist--was the first to observe that all his guys who could do the odds and win--couldn't see red.

Best Answer

It has been years since I have studied Spectroanalysis and the Light Spectrum, but it seems to me, someone who is Red/Green Color blind, seems awkward. I would think, Red/Blue, or Yellow/Green would be the trends, but I am probably wrong.

Anyhow, the color being stated as being blind is the one which is not seen. Blue Color Blindness means, that person is unable to see the color Blue.

There is a Test for this Blindness, called the Ishahara Color Blindness Test. It is a series of colored dots which show different numbers in pattern which show the Tested person different numbers, depending on their type of Color Blindness. You may be able to find the test on the Net and take the test. It's very interesting.

Best Answer

They mostly see purple, lol

Best Answer

For me, it depends on the lighting and the context. I know quite well what green is and what red is, but in poor light I may not be able to make up my mind what colour a car or a packet of something is.

If I take a photo of such an object, though, and show it on a backlit screen, such as my computer monitor, I have more chance of getting the colour right.

I'm particularly weak kon the red end of the spectrum, but still enjoy photographing the autumn colours, which I can see fine once I get home and view them on the computer.

Best Answer

those who work in the photo industry will or should understand this one and those who have a visual condition called Daltonism ( lasix solved my problem ) here we go : if you look at a photo color negative all the color is a color contrast inverstion ( green is red , blue is yellow ) and the faces look like smurfs , dark hair appears white , teeth appear black and so on , try this little trick ; the next time you use your photo shop software open up one of those color test pictures with the Dots click on your effects tab and select Invert to Negative , the view should show you how I used to precieve color , Dr John J. Dalton of England was the first known case of having this visual condition along with his brother thus it was coined Daltonism after his last name ( try read the test sample backwards ) thats even more fun . Paschar

Best Answer

What is this, dumb question day?

Best Answer

depennds...on wat the person wants to see..u can see anything any where...

Best Answer