i mean that "scary movies" that i saw, weren't scary whatsoever. The Conjuring, Insidious, Oculus, Devil's Due. They weren't scary. The scariest movie i ever saw was The Exorcist from the 1970's. It seems all the old scary movies are actually scary.
nonameisneeded nonameisneeded 70+ 9 Answers Jun 23 in Movies & TV

I doubt that they ever made them. "The Excorcist" was not scary to me.

Best Answer

I fell asleep watching the Exorcist. I share your lament, though. I can't recall the last time a movie scared me. I greatly prefer the older ones to most newer ones. What types of horror do you prefer? Ghosts/hauntings? Serial killers/maniacs? Monsters? Aliens? Other?

Best Answer

serial killers/maniacs :D

Best Answer

Well buckle up 'cause that's one of my favs too. Have you seen Prisoners? disturbing but not scary...
The Silence of the Lambs/Red Dragon? May be scary depending on your limits, but both are masterfully done and thrilling.
Seven? Has a someone gimmicky premise, but plays out well and has a truly great ending.
The Hannibal TV series? Excellent psychological thriller/drama
Need more? I seen a lot of 70's 80's slasher flicks...

Best Answer

I've never heard of any of them but now i know what I'm going to be searching for :D thank you.

Best Answer

Seriously? None of them? Wow, that's surprising. All the ones I listed are all done in a more or less "realistic" style, so there are no clich├ęs like an un-killable bad guy who gets massive body counts or weak "the real killer was that guy?" endings. The possible exception is the Hannibal TV show, which is like a cross between a fairy tale and a serial killer thriller. Still great, though.

Best Answer

The Exorcist was just hilarious. I found the conjuring to be kinda scary though! You didn't??

Best Answer

:O The Exorcist was sooo scary to me! haha & No, i was laughing most of the movie and slept like a baby that night. That movie was so predictable -_-

Best Answer

I was laughing at the exorcist xD Yeah I guess that's the problem with all the new ones, they're really predictable and use basically all the same story lines lol

Best Answer

maybe you are getting used to it

Best Answer

Maybe.

Best Answer

Edit* everything is so predictable these days because it's always a film that is being remade. Originality = Scary.

Best Answer

Everything is so predicta

Best Answer

these days they care so much about the visuals that they forget to focus on what is really scary... jump scares and gore are pretty tame. You want the suspense of the old movies, so no i don't think there are any really scary movies anymore.

Best Answer

I sincerely liked Grave Encounters. I thought they made an interesting film that kept up the suspense. Not a lot of gore, if memory serves.

Best Answer

Oh, and Haunter. That was a pretty good one too.

Best Answer

Oh gawwd, the acting on that film was horrendous

Best Answer

I'll have to look those up :D

Best Answer