BohemianBuddha BohemianBuddha 31-35, M 15 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in Hobbies

No. They are grown for exactly that purpose. A great cash crop for a farmer.

Now, the tree that is brought into Rockefeller center--that's a horse of an entirely different color

Best Answer

considering that christmas trees are grown on farms now i dont see how it can be, waste of land maybe

Best Answer

I just hate seeing them lying in the garbage all brown and brittle, and the cost to transport and cut down etc cant be very good for the enviroment, all for a a few weeks of sillines.

Best Answer

Here they're collected, chipped, and used for mulch in the parks.

Best Answer

Mine's metal and plastic...

Best Answer

well thats good, a reusable tree is much more eco friendly

Best Answer

THANK YOU! Finally slab other person who doesn't invest in a tree that's gonna eventually die!

Best Answer

Not unlike flowers at a florist, they are dead by the time you finish cutting them from their roots... well that's when you stop hearing their screaming!

Best Answer

No, not really. They're grown specifically to spend a fortnight sitting in someone's house, after which they're either used for any of the things dead trees are usually used for, or they rot like dead trees do in the wild.

Best Answer

My brother had a X-Mas tree that was grown in a huge planter. Every year, he would wheel it inside, decorate it, then after New Years, would simply (not really so simple, but with help) move it back outside.

Best Answer

thats the best way, if it is practical.

Best Answer

not if they're fake

Best Answer

If they store the tree for next year then no. If they throw it away yes.

Best Answer

its usually the latter of those.

Best Answer

Unfortunately

Best Answer

Well, what else are they going to do with them after they cut them down?

Best Answer

Yes much better to use them as toilet paper

Best Answer

We have a fake one, but they are a renewable resource.

Best Answer

I still don't understand why people buy trees that are just gonna die. Not that I'm a tree hugger I'm just a money saver. Buy a ****** fake one. Take that ***** down when Christmas is over. Look in your closet a year later and...GASP it's not dead! Which means I don't have to spend money again! SHOCKING!...(。-_-。)

Best Answer

Really? The got ****** air fresher if I want that ****...which I don't I'm more of a honeysuckle or buttercream vanilla scented person :)

Best Answer

So you'd rather spray toxic chemical in the air from an aerosol and think you are saving the environment by not cutting a farmed tree?

Best Answer

Didn't I say I wasn't a ****** tree hugger?! I said I don't buy one for "MONEY SAVING" purposes. And how am I destroying the environment when I'm spraying the "toxic chemicals" INSIDE my house?

Best Answer