susie80 susie80 31-35, F 11 Answers May 23, 2012

we know the Mayans had extensive knowledge of astronomy and were smarter than we initially believed, but the whole "2012" prediction was because of false interpretations. The Mayans simply called it the end of an age, not the end of the world.

Best Answer

Yes, Of course they're true, and I will do everything in my power as the President of the United States to prevent them.

Best Answer

I do because a mayan used car dealer hasnt sold me a dodgy car yet

Best Answer

very good point.

Best Answer

thank you. its nice to back things up with something concrete. lmao

Best Answer

Of course not. Do you realize how many "end of the world's" have passed by so far?

Best Answer

I don't think those are Mayan predictions. I think they are predictions from people trying to influence you or to make a buck.

Best Answer

They didn't have any predictions. They just had a calendar that was mathematically set up to have an end point. More tellingly, a calendar without an endpoint that postdated the one these stupid end of the world myths are based on was recently discovered.

Best Answer

I wonder... did they predict their own demise?

Best Answer

Sure, just like the world was going to end on Y2K.

Best Answer

Yes, they didn't say that stupid stuff about the end of the world. They had very accurate calendars that correctly predict things like eclipses and the transit of Venus. Don't drink the koolaide...those kats were sharp.

Best Answer