lonelygirl10 lonelygirl10 16-17, F 12 Answers Feb 20, 2011

Every one has an addiction. Have you defined addiction or have you ba<x>sed it on what society tells you? Listen, the truth of the matter, everybody needs something to take their mind away from the daily nuances of life. It's easier to say that a person is addicted to smoking because the impact of that statement is much more stronger than you being addicted to reading Michael Crichton books. And that can be an absolute addiction. It can be said women are addicted to other women's opinions, as well as men's and they are weak minded. But its not the truth. Some addictions are worse than others like some colors in a palette are brighter than others, but they're still colors. So no they are not weak minded, their addiction is different from yours. And to say you don't have one is a bold faced lie.

Best Answer

No. I believe that they have not yet found a better coping mechanism, or are under lots of stress and maybe financial stress as well and stop-smoking aids are expensive, and once they reduce their stress it will be easier to take on the new stress of quitting. Sometimes people say they are trying to quit, what they really mean is that they want to quit, just not any time soon while their current life is so stressful.

Best Answer

Addictions are nothing by themselves. You get rid of the element, and eventually the addiction goes away. This is arguable to a lot of people, but what it really comes down to is having the true desire to quit. I smoked cigarettes for 13 years. I'm 25, started at 12. It disrupted my life in a big way and I kept trying to quit but it didn't work. It wasn't because I was addicted. It was because deep down, I didn't want to quit. Now I smoke e-cigs and it's great. Still, if e-cigs weren't around, I'd still smoke.

Best Answer

No it's a physical and mental craving. People run to pleasure to escape the pain of life, and it isn't about finding a "coping mechanism" it's about getting to the root source of your problem which is always within the person themselves usually some traumatic experience, and dealing with that, the cigarette is a symbol smoking and craving is a symptom.

Best Answer

no. they are trying to fill a void. there is nothing weak about that, just a little sad.

Best Answer

No. There is physical addictions and then there is psychological addiction as well. This doesn't make them weak that makes them victims of addiction who may need help from a doctor to get better, just like with an infection or flu, and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Best Answer

As a smoker, id have to disagree, not only because of the weak-minded part but also because nicotine is one of the strongest addictions to get rid of. its really not as easy as they all say it is. ive tried on many occasions to stop smoking but it has never worked. the addiction and the cravings always pull me back. And i will agree with dandybell, smoking is bad for your health, doesnt help much if your asthmatic either, but i just cant shake the habit.

Best Answer

No. Addiction over-rides rationality. It isn't weakness. It's possession ratcheted up to obsession. The beast gets in, and needs feeding. <br />
Does weakness allow it in? The strongest minds have knelt to it. It is often the muse of genius.

Best Answer

No, but I believe smoking is bad for peoples' health.

Best Answer