What do you think about American cars today. You know like General Motors, Fords, and Chrysler. Also what do you think about the Japanese and German brands. Good luck. =)
zonus zonus 31-35, M 12 Answers Jul 8 in Politics

Does it even matter? It has been decades since "American" cars were actually build in the USA.

Best Answer

Exactly. I had a Mazda built in Kentucky. God knows where my Nissan was built.

Best Answer

Yes it matters. The name is still the same. And the American car companies still have the 3 highest selling vehicles in the world. =)

Best Answer

I think it matters but not in the way you think. You have corporations from other countries manipulating their customers through their patriotism in a fashion. Plus you have the stupid end of the scale when people in the US hurt American producers boycotting french fries around the Iraq invasion over an anti "french" protest and people pouring out bottles of Smirnoff to protest against Russian and Smirnoff has not been Russian owned in ages.

Best Answer

The sales volumes increase means higher wages for American workers. Increased employment in the blue collar job sector. And more factories built here on US soil and jobs created all around the country, if not the world, for American employees too. =)

Best Answer

Chrysler is owned by Fiat and made in Mexico. How does that benefit the American worker?

Best Answer

Because of the factories and parts they are building here. This is good for America and the money people use to buy these automobiles do benefit the middle class worker here.

Best Answer

Then why is Detroit turning into a third world disaster that the UN has called a humanitarian crisis and human rights fiasco over water shut offs? Sounds nice but are the benefits really showing up anywhere other then on a press release? I am not trying to be snarky here but there seems to be a definite disconnect.

Best Answer

I drive an American MADE car.....

Best Answer

What does that mean.

Best Answer

Made in the USA....by Americans !!! (BTW... the term Foreign car went out with VHS tapes)....They're called Imports...!!!

Best Answer

Well either way, its still foreign. =)

Best Answer

My BMW was made in Spartanburg ,SC...In the heart of Nascar country by good ol' boys and girls....And I love it...it's my second one !

Best Answer

Good for you. Hello Carolina. =)

Best Answer

GM sucks. Ford is good. Chrysler is Italian now. Toyota refuses to fix its out of control death problem.

Best Answer

I drive a vw. German engineering...Mexican assembally. I hate this car.

Best Answer

Why is that.

Best Answer

Really cheap material. No matter how good I take care of it it just falls apart. It runs OK now but I have had a bunch of issues with the car and most stem from the cheap materials used to make it.

Best Answer

Foreign. I see Fords a lot outside the US in Asia. I see some GMs but I have yet to spot a Chrysler product in Asia. I like Ford and GM but I love my foreign cars. My dream car is a Nissan Skyline. :)

Best Answer

I only drive American cars, not because of quality, but to keep the money in the U.S. I like Lincoln's the best.

Best Answer

Cool.

Best Answer

American cars are foreign to a lot of us !

Best Answer

Mazda

Best Answer

I drive a 2013 Honda Ridgeline Sport, which I absolute LOVE!! I think they're built in Alabama, but since it's a Honda, not sure if that's classified as foreign or domestic...

Best Answer

Its foreign.

Best Answer

We own a Ford, Jeep, American Fiat, a GMC, and a Cadillac. People aged 18 -27 are buying new American cars now.

Best Answer

Thanks.

Best Answer

Porsche's are junk and so are BMW's. Ferrari's are too unreliable to be driven daily. Mercedes are the same price a a Cadillac or Lincoln. American boys are too smart to fall for that nonsense as you spit out.

Best Answer

Actually that is false. Im my city many people drive those cars that you mentioned. They are okay, but Japanese cars are better. And more of a quality build long term. And you were saying. =)

Best Answer

She is not aware of the dynamics and the science. She is going by name recognition only. But lately Cadillac has been owning Mercedes, BMW, and Jaguar. Not to mention Volvo. Audi need not apply. I have only one word for that person. CTS. =)

Best Answer

That what I have as my toy. Damned scary.

Best Answer

not fussy, on the edge.....i'll take any deal i can get

Best Answer

Foreign. I drive a Ford.

Best Answer

Its domestic, and and a car company that works with foreign parts or designs. Give America the credit it deserves. =)

Best Answer

It was ASSEMBLED IN CANADA. Made largely of globally sourced parts primarily from Mexico and China with Canadian, NOT American labor.

Best Answer

Canadians are Americans.

Best Answer

No. Canadians are most certainly NOT Americans. They have their own government, their own currency, a better health care system a better education system. Need I go on?

Best Answer