cheeseburgerbrown cheeseburgerbrown 26-30 8 Answers Aug 9, 2013 in Community

Explain to them that you don't have much money, but Christmas isn't supposed to be about getting presents and stuff anyway..

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

Then you think of other things to do.

Best Answer

I told my kids the truth about the whole pagan mess. We didn't celebrate Christmas.

Best Answer

I grew up poor.

We appreciated everything we got, even if it was one single gift. There were many Christmases when we got one gift each because that's all Mom could afford, and there were at least two Christmases when Mom just couldn't afford anything, so she turned our names in to a charity organization that delivers presents to poor children. We were grateful regardless.

Best Answer

I do what I can for my kids

Best Answer

epic doesn't have to be lots of presents - christmas should be about spending time together, not how much money you dropped on it

Best Answer

Says the poor guy...I always got that talk from my peeps..but they always pulled through with my favorite toys..try explaining that to little johhny wants a firetruck ..and all u got him was a boring lecture..pretty sure ud break his heart

Best Answer