I find it extremely rude and offensive even if I'm lesbian...I just hate the word
HeavenXD HeavenXD 13-15, F 21 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in WTK

Depends on the situation. I am never called dyke, I get called "sir"'.

Best Answer

Being male and of not even remotely Dutch ancestry, no.

Best Answer

Not if my name was dyke.......how would a guy like to be called **** Van Dyke?

Best Answer

nope. I've been called dyke and butch growing up. I'm not a lesbian.

Best Answer

Oh I've never been called butch but that's prob cus I'm known as a "lipstick lesbian"

Best Answer

No, because no one's ever called me that.

Best Answer

I wouldn't know

Best Answer

I would be offended, because I am very feminine. I can't see insulting anyone by name-calling. I think it's a lot of high school juvenile bullcrap.

Best Answer

Ya I am to and I guess so btw I'm in middle school

Best Answer

At least you put yourself above it. Some people mature early, and some don't ever mature! : )

Best Answer

Ya I guess I've been called way worse than "dyke" but for some reason this word just bothers me alot

Best Answer

I wouldn't be offended if someone called me that, as I'm male. Having said that, I get offended for other people when I hear someone say it.

Best Answer

Yes, because that's generally how it's been meant when I've heard it used.

Best Answer

I call myself one sometimes. But only when someone makes a disparaging comment about gays. I use the shock of calling myself that (or a f*ggot) to illustrate my extreme displeasure at their comment. It's far more useful in person as when punctuated by a hard glare and snappy head **** usually serves to fix their attitude. And if not...Well. <br />
Let's just say there's more than one reason why my boots are so scuffed up.

Best Answer

I think it is rude, disrespectful and ugly ( i am hetero") A dyke is a structure built of earth (i think)+ used to keep back the sea in Holland.

Best Answer

depends on the context if it is another lesbian using that term it is seldom offensive much like afro americans using the n word on each other

Best Answer

Ya but its mostly guys that call me and my friends that

Best Answer

Nope. Really don't care. Got asked if I was one in eighth grade. Brushed it off, because I could probably score hotter girls than he could.

Best Answer

Haha ya I mean I don't find it offensive if someone asks if I am I just find it offensive if they say it without knowing if I am

Best Answer

I prefer "levee", myself.

Best Answer

I do not like that word at all but I don't like labels of any kind so it's just the way I am.

Best Answer