Maybe because the stupid ones get caught before they run up a list of victims?

Best Answer

Lol. Good answer! Thta makes sense.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, some don't make that mistake and are never caught.

Best Answer

its a fine line between genius and madness

Best Answer

They are criminal minded so they make it a point of duty to cover thier steps to lead no trace. Its more planning coupled with pschology for the average serial killer. Intelligence would mean room for reasoning and i think most serial killers tend to be in a trance than a reasoning mode when killing....so thier actions stem from a more pschological fr<x>ame or from a routine plan rehearsed skillfully

Best Answer

I wanted to say something very nasty here. but I'll be good and slightly idiotic and shut up.

Best Answer

no, no...say something nasty, please. If by chance u were going to tell me I misspelled serial that's just to show u all that u don't need to worry about me. Lol

Best Answer

I wasn't worried... joke! hahah!... peace!

Best Answer

to successfully kill people over many years you're not going to be stupid. It's no different than any other crime, you tend to be better at it if you can create an intelligent plan and follow through. They don't have to be geniuses though.

Best Answer

YOU NEED TO HAVE A FIR AMOUNT OF SENSE TO PLAN EXECUTE AND GET AWAY WITH A SERIES OF MURDERS OF A PROLONGED PERIOD OF TIME.<br />
BUT THE IDEA THAT ALL SERIAL KILLERS ARE BUNDY LIKE IS PRETTY UNFOUNDED MOST JUST GOT LUCKY AS THEIR CRIMES MADE NO SENSE. AND ONLY A PSYCOPATH CAN TRULY THINK LIKE A PSYCOPATH SO THEY WERE HARDER TO PREDICT. SON OF SAM SPRINGS TO MIND.<br />
ALSO ALOT OF THEM WHERE SUFFERING SOME KIND OF PSYCOTIC BREAK FROM REALITY WHICH MAKES THEIR ACTIONS EVEN HARDER TO PREDICT AND PREVENT

Best Answer

Where'd you get that idea from? From what I recall of my criminology classes (which is not much) only a very few, distinctive set of serial killers have an above average IQ, and they tend to be mass murderers.

Best Answer

I was reading about the smilie face killer and zodiac killer. The way they go about what they did is interesting and disturbing. Yes, they are mass murders as well.

Best Answer

Hmmn I suppose the most famous ones were the most "successful" ones, which probably requires more brains than your average serial killer. I was thinking of Kaczynsk as being the cleverish mass murderer.

Best Answer