not true..people with lighter coloured eyes only have a low level of melanin in the make up of their eyes..not better vision.

Best Answer

Sure. Night Vision goggles come in handy!

Best Answer

But worse in bright day light!

Best Answer

Very interesting.<br />
Thanks for sharing :-)

Best Answer

Do you have a link to support that ?

Best Answer

I have light blue/green eyes and I have always noticed that I can see better in the dark than a lot of other people. I think there is some truth in that. On the flip side I find I am very affected by bright lights and bright sunny days I struggle without my shades.

Best Answer

Were did you find this out?... Was there a study?...I have blue eyes and I see very well in the dark, especially after a minute or two, when my eyes are completely used to the dark; though I heard that many studies show that it takes at least 20 minutes for your eyes to completely dilate (to absorb as mush light as possible), though I'm not sure if that is completely true because I'm pretty sure mine dilate completely within minutes (7 at tops!)....So where did you get this info?

Best Answer

yup,some blue eyed people see better in the dark(like me) but their eyes are very sensitive to light(like me too). like,if i go out in really bright light my eyes sometimes water after a while...

Best Answer

No, I didn't know that, but I have heard that white cats with blue eyes are often deaf.

Best Answer

Best Answer

ok but I will tell you having light eyes are more sensitive.

Best Answer

may be im not sure

Best Answer

People with night vision goggles see better in the dark

Best Answer

Best Answer

I heard it was the other way around, brown eyes see better in the dark because of less photopigment damage in the light. I could be wrong though.

Best Answer

Perhaps initially, but over time
, blue eyes tend to let in more light, damging photopigments.

Best Answer

this is not a question it is a statement . and a false one at that

Best Answer

yeah ur right its a statement ...but statement can be fact or inference .......how much u r sure that its false ....

Best Answer

positively, vision has to do with the light being processed through the pupil

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

False. It is the opposite way around. All of you people who agreed with this statement need to go do some research.

Best Answer

There is more validity to this than you would think. I think where people are missing the point is that yes dark eyes "absorb" more light... Which means that less light is available to be processed by the pupil. This is the same concept as a ba<x>seball or football pla<x>yer using eye black. The black streak under the eyes absorbs more light removing some of the glare when trying to see in the bright daylight. If you have dark colored eyes it is working in the same fashion. <br />
Light colored eyes that have less melanin do not absorb as much of the incoming light. This results in much more light being processed by the pupil. This is also the reason why people with light colored eyes have to squint during the day to see in high light situations. In fact a lot of people with light colored eyes experience photophobia. Which is a sensitivity to light.<br />
So in the dark, I am talking about what most would consider a completely dark room not like driving at night. A light colored eye that is not absorbing more light can actually see better because it can process more light at night than a dark colored eye that is absorbing more giving the pupil less to process. <br />
I have light blue eyes and my wife has brown eyes. I have to squint during the day or in high light situations all the time and yet at night in a completely dark room I can still see the ob<x>jects in a room. I have always felt their was a small difference between the abilities of light and dark colored eyes and after doing some research their seems to be some evidence ba<x>sed on limited studies that agree with this.

Best Answer

Wow...I was pleasantly surprised to find that out! I used to be scared of the dark when I was a kid (then again, it is a pretty common childhood fear), but thanks to finding out that I have the "night vision" eye color, along with being convinced to handle darkness as I matured, I can easily trust my instincts!

Best Answer

This is an assertion that from what I have seen is not ba<x>sed on any facts.<br />
Please provide some peer reviewed scientific studies to back up your assertion.<br />
Otherwise, it is merely a "statement" that is wrong, or right. Who knows?

Best Answer

This is false. Studies show that there is little or no difference in visual prowess between lightly colored eyes and dark colored eyes. A FACT however is that dark colored absorb more light than light colors; therefore, it is only reasonable that dark colored eyes would absorb more light in dark situations than light colored eyes as light colors would refract more light rays.

Best Answer