IMAGINATIONATWORK IMAGINATIONATWORK 36-40 26 Answers Jun 17, 2012

i think that we express ourselves more. men are often told to hold back

Best Answer

I am so glad someone said it....thank you.

Best Answer

^_^ you see it happen all the time. no one ever tells little girls to bottle up there emotions but boys get made fun of for crying "like a girl"

Best Answer

but i think its healthy to beable to let it all out once in a while instead of having a major break down

Best Answer

Not a chance.....she is my rock and safe harbor and I am hers.

Best Answer

That's very nice. ;)

Best Answer

I believe that generalizing between men/ woman, one race over another, anything- isnt productive.

Best Answer

Women in any aspect are not 'weaker ' than men, nor the reverse. Some have been raised to believe the falsity that not showing emotion is 'strong'. To me it does not make sense and seems black and white. Some women do showcase their emotions more than other women, just like men. I don't think it is "Women are emotional, men are not"...I've also seen research that implies emotion and intelligence are highly linked- so to think that "You're stronger if you don't access or display emotion" is probably a untrue belief. Good news to everyone really...you CAN show your emotion and you are NOT weaker on any level!!!! :)

Best Answer

If expressing emotion makes one weaker, then yes. But that is definitely not true. Men are expected to hold back their emotions as a sign of strength and in some ways it cripples them. Makes it harder for them to handle ours and we can't understand why they don't emote as well as we do.

Best Answer

weaker is the wrong word. not sure what to call it though.....open?

Best Answer

yup...

Best Answer

As a culture I think we are emotionally illiterate. I was taught emotions were to be controlled. As an adult I learned that emotion is a subtle perceptual sense. Would I control my vision or hearing? <br />
As for the male female thing, women have an edge as they are pulled through emotional fields during menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth and menopause, like it or not. It is hard not to experience the energy of these movements and who would want to miss it.

Best Answer

Maybe ! But we can look strong to them so that would kill men

Best Answer

Emotionally weaker? God , no! they are infinitely emotionally stronger than men.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Women tend to have what psychologists call "resilience" or the ability to bounce back rapidly from adversity and are generally just more stable and even tempered. That's not to say they are stronger, just that they tend to have different strengths.

Best Answer

I agree with the awnser that said boys are educated to hide their emotions.<br />
Still, the term for someone who shows their emotions without any shame isn't weak, it's strong.

Best Answer

No, not every woman is hormonally out of her mind or bitchy, and not all guys turn into abusive drunks when there's a problem.

Best Answer

I know we are not, but arguably we reveal our emotions more readily than men are trained to do---with the exception of anger. That's an emotion more men than women are taught it's acceptible to show.

Best Answer

No, not at all. Strong emotions are necessary, and needs must be expressed. Continuation of the species and all.

Best Answer

I think it's more of a social thing. Men are taught NOT to show their weakness,of any kind. It's more socially acceptable for Women to display the Fragile side of their Nature.<br />
I feel over the generations men have developed to be stronger, as a rule,whoever there are many Women who,when put to the test can go toe to toe with any Man. Mostly it depends on the way they were taught, to react.

Best Answer

Depends on the person you compare them too

Best Answer

Both feel emotion the same, women are simply less equipped to compartmentalize it and move forward. Men want to fix, women want to analyze. No one way is right. Its simple biology. I love women. I guess weaker isnt the correct word. Maybe more emotionally open would be. Its as it should be. No woman wants a man who cries and shares his heartfelt feelings all the time. A man should be a man! Bold, agressive, take-charge, and confident! Me tarzan you jane! Naaa, but ya still gotta be a man! No woman EVER said she wanted to do Spence off of King of Queens!

Best Answer