i want to donate plasma but i smoke a lot of weed and i wanna make sure that doesnt exclude me from donating
techn9nelove techn9nelove 18-21, F 24 Answers Feb 11, 2010

You can donate. (Pot infected blood??? Huh?) As far as I know, they do pay.

Best Answer

Well that explains why you need the CASH "NOW". Makes sense you are willing to do something illegal to make money to purchase something illegal... what an exciting life you lead. <br />
Anyways, what a stand up citizen you are to donate your pot infested blood.. fortunately for you, you can donate your blood as long as you haven't had any hard chemical drugs in the past 6 months (coke, ecstacy, etc..)<br />
Oh and if this is a ploy to make money, think again. Blood donations are usually given by volunteers (i.e. no payment).<br />
(Wow.. I am being so mean to you... sorry in advance, just not impressed with your questions)

Best Answer

Sounds like your wound up so tight you need to go smoke a J!! First of all it's not "blood" your donating, yes they take your blood out and remove the plasma which is fill of platelets and are vital to a variety of very sick people!!! I'm pretty sure if the pot was in anyway dangerous they would not allow donations! Where have you been there is a wide variety of people of all sorts of professions that smoke pot.. Some I'm sure have a job they can smoke and work, the others do it like having a glass of wine after work! Don't be so judgmental! I hope ur never in a position where u need plasma! Anyway in this economy who can't use 30-40 bucks + be helping someone!

Best Answer

Rude assumptions. Obviously your comment was made 3 years ago but none the less, this country has made leaps and bounds to make marijuana where it is now. It's been considered medicinal, and NOW is legal in 3 states. In states which plasma is still donated and sold.

Best Answer

Yeah it was 3 years ago... and I was probably being harsh because of the questions asked previous to this one... since I am usually not such a hard a$$. The bracketed apology gives me some indication I was annoyed previous to statements -- but 3 years ago, who knows :)

Best Answer

Geez lady! Get a life!

Best Answer

LOL -- i suppose I could say the same to you!!
Have a nice day :)

Best Answer

Holy crap!! Why in the world would anyone be so nasty to a stranger??? And the asinine assumptions, good grief!! A token apology still doesn't help, geez lady, lighten up! How would you like it if I got all nasty and told you that reading is funda-frickin-mental! He CLEARLY said plasma donations, not blood.

Best Answer

WOW YOU BEING A REAL
*****! NOT ONE TIME DID THAT PERSON SAY THEY WAS GOING TO GIVE POT INFESTED BLOOD. THEY JUST ASKED A ?
THEY COULD'VE GOOGLE
UP THE ? & GOT A BETTER ANSWER INSTEAD OF CRITICISM. PEOPLE LIKE YOU NEED TO SHUT THE **** UP!
DIG DEEP IN YOUR FAMILY YOU WILL FIND SOME DISFUNCTION SOMEWHERE.

Best Answer

OMG - seriously?!! Given this was 3 flipping years ago I would suggest that you take time to go and read the questions this person asked prior to this one before you start making your assumptions... obviously since my answer was the "best answer" chosen by voting - I wasn't the only one annoyed... anyways, move on and let go people... 3 years ago... 3 YEARS AGO!

Best Answer

What a spectacularly uneducated response. Here is a much more informative response PROVING marijuana in the blood is actually GOOD FOR PATIENTS. Especially those suffering with traumatic brain injury or coma. This came from the question: "Smoking marijuana and donating plasma and plasma centers?"

Here's is the INFORMED and EDUCATED response....

"THC is one of 71 cannabinoids unique to marijuana. Several of these compounds have 20x the antioxidant activity of alpha-tocopherol, the most potent form of vitamin E as an antioxidant. In fact, research in Europe is showing promise for THC as a therapy for traumatic brain injury, where oxygen supply is cut off to the brain and causes comas. Other, simpler studies have simply taken cell cultures and laid them out on tables, infused with THC, and compared the lifespan to controls. Controls died within 12 hours, whereas THC infused cultures survived for 3 days. People needing plasma likely need antioxidant, cell protecting chemicals such that further blood cell death is prevented. Don't believe me on the potency of marijuana in this respect? Don't take my word for it, take the governments word from their federally funded research at the National Institutes of Health."

Please Google "Cannabis Cancer NIH" and you'll find a host of peer-reviewed studies PROVING CANNABIS CURES CANCER, tumors, and many other diseases. There are also related studies listed in side columns for further reading.

Please....if all you have to bring to the table of awareness is condescension and ignorance.....wear mittens to keep you from blogging.

Best Answer

hey man first of all its not illegal depending on what state you live in, second when you donate plasma its not donating blood well it is but only the plasma is used so no giving it to someone who is on morphine isn't dangerous in the least. and for f**ks sakes cheekygeek the blood would not kill you why does every anti weed nut use the same argument: if you dont know where your weed comes from its not 100% organic. maybe in some cases sure but not usually or often when was the last time you heard of a husband getting baked going home and beating his wife. so now that i feel better for letting all you judgmental douche licks how it is im gonna go smoke a fatty, peace *******.

Best Answer

I know im very annoyed on how a government can brainwash them so bad to think marijuana is dangerous lmao... FOR GOD SAKE our lord and savior put it on this earth to Influence peace and prosperity you dipshit "ONE TINY COG" SO why dont you take the time to understand what they say then to blindly listen and maybe think otherwise of what the stupid talking screen has to say to you.

Best Answer

Ha ha i thought i would make a joke about the pot smoker cant go and beat his wife because he hasnt gotten off the couch yet to get a wife .. jk jk i smoke weed too man (light'n a J right now)

Best Answer

I worked in The Central Blood BAnk in Pgh. They do not test for cannabis, a it is not passed on the patient. Of course all drugs that are taken, not this, unles a new current rule,and it i sMOST important that you tell of ALL meds, even vitamins, and supplements...Especially Aspirin, it cause the receiving patient an increased risk of bleeding, and it also interfers with platelet retrieval. Vit K, and multiple vit with this in it, can increase the clottting times of the patient, in turn inc, chances of blood clots. I believe there is a website to go too or contact you local blood bank, or red cross, and they have pamphlets, go now, as just here in pgh, they annouunced a shortage of 1200 units of blood.<br />
cheers, to all of you who donate.<br />
donation is also good for the donor, increase the production of new blood cells quickly, and please, ypou can take as much fruit or cookies, you want..<br />
chipperchickisproudofallofyou!

Best Answer

Did you ever consider that maybe the fact that you're smoking "weed" has something to do with a need for cash so desperate that you're willing to SELL your plasma?<br />
Maybe you should can the pot and get a job? and if you already have one, maybe you should get a better one? In my experience the best jobs require you to be drug free. Do you really want to give up prosperity so you can get high?

Best Answer

life is about the journey, not the destination. why are so many people hatefull toward the way someone chooses to live their life? if he loses a few moments of life because he wants to feel good its his choice. prosperity is nothing if your miserable eh

Best Answer

Did you ever consider that I smoke weed because I'm on disability in Califonria, I have a hyperactive bladder that Enablex works for. My wife got on SSI and got $100 extra. Because of that $100 we lost $165 in food stamps (can't get food stamps on SSI), $104 in Medicare Part B payments (California used to pay it, for some reason that $100 means they don't), and California no longer pays my Extra Care for Medicines. This means I now have to pay for my Enablex, $90/month which I can not afford especially since we are now *losing* $168 in money and now have even a lower income. The only other medicine I can afford that works is Marijuana. It is legal in California for medicinal use, which is what I use it for.

And I find it hard to afford that. So, yes, I would like to donate my plasma to help with the cost of my medicines which the govenment decides they don't want to cover anymore.

Lets see, my need for cash comes from having to buy the medicine and food that I don't get anymore (yes, I've worked since I was 20 as a computer programmer). And I can't work because I'm disabled, and the drugs that would actually work for me are too expensive for me to afford. So I have to buy marijuana.

So, yeah, where is the proseperity I'm giving up? Other than having to pee all over myself because you don't recognize Marijuana as a medicine. Shut up and go drink your beer.

- People believe things that are written, unless they are in the Bible.

Best Answer

The ones in which I'm familiar don't test for weed.

Best Answer

Biomat in Bellflower CA denied me because I have a medical marijuana card.

Best Answer

DO U REALLY HAVE TO BE DRUG FREE TO DONATE PLASMA

Best Answer

Cheekygeek you are the most ignorant dumbest person I've heard in a while. I don't smoke, but I am a surfer and all my friends are pot heads. Even completely stoned none of them are quite as stupid as you sound. Don't tell a story you don't know

Best Answer

@cheekyGeek there has never been a recorded marijuana related death in the history of mankind. Stop trying to make stuff up because of your ignorance. I don't smoke, but why would it matter if you get "weed infested" plasma.? Would you rather not receive a life saving plasma transfusion and just die because marijuana is "Illegal." lol pathetic ...

Best Answer

NO

Best Answer

Everyone down of your soapbox. The question is a legit one. All of you self righteous people make me sick. I'd rather spend a day in conversation with someone who uses drugs than someone who's life has only taught them to view themselves as better than others. <br />
Nothing is transmitted with Plasma. If you had a glass of soda and they only needed water they would take the H20 and leave the rest. They take the plasma and move on. Its not the same as blood in which our body uses to transmit the good and the bad to our cells. You in the back I see you getting up on your soap box again. Sit down nobody wants to hear you. Get some life experience and the soap box wont be needed for you to be heard.

Best Answer

you are the dumbest person in the world cheekygeek. you are the reason i smoke. I'm going to donate tomorrow, and i'm going to be higher then a kite the whole time. This "dangerous" drug that you're talking about, has been known to heal people of cancer up to 99%. Google Tommy Chong Hemp Oil. I hope one day you get cancer, and marijuana is still illegal cause of people like you and you die a slow painful death. And i hope that one day comes soon so you can't reproduce and unleash more naiive people into this world.

Best Answer

Medicinal Marijuana is now legal in 16 states plus the District of Columbia. It's negative effects are far less than presc<x>ription pain medications, alcohol, or cigarettes/tobacco. This is scientific fact. Sincerely, an MD.

Best Answer

I went today and tried to donate my plasma, but they did a background check and back in 2005 I was arrested and was charged with a felony b/c of controlled substance for meth and since have not done any kind of drugs.Well because of that I was not able to participate in the program. 7 years clean didn't even matter.

Best Answer

Wow, maybe its not about the money and just wants to help on the other hand in this economy who could not use an extra few bucks, and kittenhasawhip, are you seriously getting high and mighty with someone when your *** is hanging out for the whole world to see, why would anyone want to see your nasty herpes ***, thats what you should be asking yourself.

Best Answer

You can donate, but just think a minute about the next person who gets that blood. What if that person is already on Morphine or similar. The combination or cross reaction could be dangerous. Also Unless you know your weed is 100% organic most likely there is something else in the mix as well. You can donate but your not helping by not waiting till it clears your system. There are people like me who have very very negative reaction to various drugs, if I got your blood you would kill me.

Best Answer

Only long enough for the drugs to be out of the blood, which isn't that long. At least have the common courtesy to show up sober, however, and if you're an IV drug user, please refrain from donating.

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

I get so mad when ppl who have NEVER smoked pot treat it as if one was jacked up on some crazy drug and was gonna flip out any second. You NEVER hear on the news that that a crime was committed while high on pot. I guarantee you that if pot was legal, a hell of alot people would be getting along and ppl wouldn't be all crazy.Ppl who dont smoke pot think pot smokers have no life or intelligence. I am pot smoker and have been for about 10 years. I lead a normal life, take damn good care of my 3 kids, and work full time. I don't smoke when my kids are up,.l and I don't smoke when I work. If you met me, you'd never guess I smoke. Ppl in all professions can smoke pot and lead very normal lifes.

Best Answer

Wow lost2345, is that your code to your garage door opener? I bet you smoke the gonge ever once in awhile.

Best Answer