would u see family nudism as wrong? i mean we are all born naked and what we have is all natural stuff so why is it wrong? this was a question my friend asked me and i didnt know how to reply it. so if u can give me ur views on above id be thankful :)
stephan1994 stephan1994 18-21, M 26 Answers Jun 21, 2012

No, altough children need to learn to wear clothes as well.

Best Answer

I personally think there is nothing wrong with it. I have no problem with nudity. animals are nude right? Our society has turned it into something perverted.

Best Answer

yeah.. pervs have no life... should be shot.. im kinda a nudist myself but only at home like i dont go out naked ect

Best Answer

I occasionally go outside naked and swim, it is such a feeling of freedom.

Best Answer

pff, if I was allowed to be, I would.

Best Answer

yeah... i like that feeling of being free from clothes... to me wearing clothes feels like suffocating my body hahah

Best Answer

As long as it is nudism, and not swinging, or perverted sex, then there is nothing wrong with it. I am certain that there are an overwhelming amount of families that can say that they all have had their kids barge in on them when in the bathroom. And the families with only one bathroom when everyone has to get ready, well yes, they see each other all the time. <br />
So nudity just as it is, seems to be more common than not.

Best Answer

a friend asks because him and his gf are nude at home and has people slagging them off behind there backs

Best Answer

OK this is different, (1) What two people do in there own home is no one elses business ! (2) The privacy issue could be turned back on those that are causing problems and they would have to answer for the invasion of that privacy. (3) Nude in your own home is not being a nudist, it is simply you being in your home. As if it were a large extension of your bathroom.

Best Answer

I think that's a personal family decision.

Best Answer

Therefor not wrong, when approached properly.

Best Answer

thats true. :) thx

Best Answer

no but most kids hate it for some reason

Best Answer

Most kids DO NOT hate nudism. Leave young kids to their own devices, and in a matter of minutes they will be out of their clothes enjoying themselves. And think nothing of it. It is much harder to keep clothes on kids than it is to keep them nude.

Best Answer

No it's not wrong. For the people that have disagreed saying that's its wrong you need to do some research on the issue. It's the society that we live in that is causing all the problems, with all the t.v advertising showing a product with someone with very little clothing and then you the fashion industry saying your fat if your over a size 8 ( Australian sizes), no wonder kids are growing up with body image issues and meanwhile while growing up they are told that they are beautiful and but if they even showed their ankle they are branded as being dirty.is that more confusing for a child then seeing what they will look like when they start to grow into adulthood with the openness to ask any question they have without the embarrassment of asking such question.<br />
If your friends have the courage to raise their children with the conviction to tell people why they chose to raise their children in such away with as much information to back them up, they should. I'm raising my 3year old son in a nudist family and he doesn't care, he loves it.<br />
Get your friends to read a book called: growing up without shame by Dennis Craig Smith and Dr. William sparks. It's a scientific study on the effects of family nudity within the family.<br />
Sorry for the length of this.

Best Answer

As far as I know, and I'm open to correction, almost every culture that has easy access to forms of clothing uses it. And every traditional culture has a deep sense of modesty, although specific to that culture. <br />
I don't judge families that do it, but I wonder if it's as 'natural' as people claim or more parents playing out a theory.

Best Answer

if i had a nudist family i wouldnt see it as wrong as because we all born naked and its only our natural bodies i mean we all the same really. but people who do take advantage of it tho need there goodies cut off

Best Answer

I understand what you are saying although there were those that did not use clothing, Mainly Africa and a couple Island societies. How ever with the intrusion of the "civilized" people they have pretty much all gone to wearing something on the lower half. Now to think about this, there is only two reasons for clothing. (1) Protection - whether that is protection from the elements, or environmental hazards, or from attack, etc. (2) Status - to signify ones position in the tribe, community, or society.
Also - many cultures do embrace nudity and the orient still has co-ed bath houses. Sort of like a giant hot tub, but they wash up before going into the tub. Spain has always had topless beaches, and many of them are totally nude beaches. How ever there are just so many other areas of the world where the climate is just not favorable for most of the year and people just kept on wearing clothing. - The last I knew there were over 3600 nudist resorts around the world. No imagine just how many people it takes to keep that many resorts going just on their vacation / Holiday. Yea, nudism is very popular but the masses are afraid to admit that they go due to the reprocussions from the prudish few.

Best Answer

sorry not got around to replying this.. for some reasons my notifications are no longer working on this Q

Best Answer

nope. as long as theres no ****** or anything. although i feel sorry for the kids...

Best Answer

I think its wrong. Western society "normal" is wearing clothes - right or wrong, that is what it is. Getting your kids to not wear them at home is asking them to do something which is socially abnormal. Its inconceivable to think that any rational parent could think that they are helping their child into society by getting them to participate.<br />
I completely agree with the 'educate them about it' type stance, but not participate. What happens when their friends come round? Do they put clothes on - because then aren't they admitting it isn't normal? Or do they not have friends round - and isn't that abnormal, too?<br />
I think this is an example of completely misguided self-righteousness!

Best Answer

I kind of have this type of attitude about it. I don't care if the kids are not dressed, or if they see me not dressed, but they understand that this is just with the family and not out in the general public. The reason it all started was due to having a family of 5 and one bathroom. Each morning you just had to get in there at the same time and make due. You were going to see each other and making it out to be no issue was the best thing to do.

Best Answer

I raised my son a nudist, and I was a nudist and still am.Up and until the death of my son aged 14,he was still an ardent fulltime nudist, even when his friends came over to play or sleep over. He didn't bother wearing clothes, neither attempted to put on clothes, and if he came in from outside (if he was wearing clothes), or directly from school and his friends were with him, he would get undressed, and get naked...and on holidays, when they came and woke him up for the days adventures, he didn't bother getting dressed, because he as I also slept in the nude..they accepted both him and me as nudists...their parents initially had presupositions,but soon accepted our life style. Almost 90% of my friends are textiles, and if they visit/ed, I and my son in any case,were always naked at home .. and we didn't bother getting dressed...and they,initially found it awkward, but soon accepted our life style, and preferred us nude...as well as my late son..we had no issues...nor objections. Nudist/naturists are as human as any one else...all males have peni-ssis, and all women have va-ginas....we as nudists are not unique, and there is no shame in exposed genitals....if people walk barefoot. Why nor bare groined....

Best Answer

The misguided self-righteousness is setting one's self up to be arbiter of what is "normal" and what is "abnormal". Early civilizations were all nudists until forced to cover their bodies during long cold winters. With Western Cultures and Religions came the guilt game which caused people cover up more and more lest they offend someone's delicate sensibilities.

Best Answer

I think that it might be all right for some cultures. Where nudity isn't quite so "sexualized", if that makes sense. <br />
I live in the U.S., and I am uncomfortable with it in the society that we have. It's bad enough that men might leer at me or make sexual comments when I'm fully covered. All you have to do is read some of the stories on here...about how men get "hot" from being able to see through a young girl's blouse, or feeling they have the right to make certain advances on a woman because she has bent over and they have glimpsed some cleavage. People who are obsessed with voyeurism or watching other people perform intimate acts. Nudity is not simply nudity. People are so excited and hedonized by sexual markers that they disrespect, ob<x>jectify, and cross boundaries. Some people are in what seems to be a constant state of "heat" and will perform sex with anyone that presents to or arouses them. We have learned so many ways to encourage lustiness in ourselves, and it seems to me that we have disrespected our bodies and what they were created for. It's the culture we have created, where even little kids are no longer safe running about in their birthday suits. We have sexualized them in a way that should not have been. <br />
That's my take on it, anyway. I'm sure the exhibitionists and nudists on here will disagree.

Best Answer

ah thanks :) its nothing like sexual stuff or anything. i have a friend and he and his gf are nudists at home and there being slagged off for it. and they want to start there own family together and there scared that people will think of them as some perverted freaks or something like tht.

Best Answer

Many cultures do it. Right or wrong? Adam and Eve were nude. Until the "Apple Thing" came up. I guess if it wern't for Eve....this wouldn't be a question?????

Best Answer

You are correct, and had it not been the fear of them taking from the second tree we would all be living in the garden to this day !

Best Answer

If it's something that's part of the culture it's fine. If it's the family trying to make a point using the kids it's not.

Best Answer

i think my friend asked cause he and his gf are nude at there house LOL and people slagging them for it

Best Answer

I told my family out buseness

Best Answer

Not at all. Nudism in very enlightening for people of all ages. I've been in several family situations at nudist camps I used to go to and found it an awesome experience! The children were far more relaxed and seemed more self confident about themselves.

Best Answer

Family nudism is very healthy. Of course health depends on the members of the family. We have always been nudists, as my Dad grew up naturist and my mom got into it before they met. We have a healthy outlook on it, and enjoy it at home as well as beaches, resorts and vacations. <br />
Like anything if there's poison in the mix, it isn't healthy. I've been lucky in my family.

Best Answer

No, it is not wrong. People, driven by religious prejudice, false perceptions and immoral contexts to it made it wrong. People have a misrepresentation of nudism/naturism...they associate it to po-rn...but it is far from it.I have seen kids change completely once they were introduced to nudism....they became energetic...lively...more artistic...more observant of nature, had heightened perceptions of respect for others...and respected others. They seem more at ease, and comfortable with others, yet have definite boundaries...<br />
I have experienced textiles respecting me as a nudist...and though they remain clothed, preferred me to be naked because they said when I am naked, they have a sense that I am more approachable...and I have found they really become honest and genuine with you. When you are naked with textiles, they actually warm up to you...I believe clothing subconsciously causes barriers, but when I and my son was naked (and we were both fulltime nudists) , his friends and mine was much more content and at ease with us , cheerful , honest and definitely more at ease....they were and experienced a better familiarity with us...nudism is a good thing...I saw shy textiles turn to cheerful extroverted people, and literally have a metamorphoses psychologically...In the end...people see that on a bodily level, we are all the same, and merely...just human underneath our clothes and shoes, and that humanness was more tangible and visible when you are naked...you show the real you...

Best Answer

i don't believe family nudism is wrong I think its very healthy to grow up not being ashamed of your body but as we live in a clothed society I agree children need to understand there are times and places for nudity as there are a lot of prudes in this world

Best Answer

Interesting discussion.<br />
It has been pointed out that many cultures have traditionally accepted public nudity as normal - particularly in Africa and South America - but that western culture has not.<br />
However, until fairly recently, casual family nudity simply happened. It wasn't nudism. It wasn't families being nude throughout the day. It was just the reality of living in close quarters as a family. Nudity, especially among children, was common within the household or when playing or bathing. It really wasn't until houses got large enough for each family member to have his/her own room and private bathroom that families became so concerned about seeing each other nude.<br />
Casual family nudity isn't sexual and doesn't even have to be nudism. It can simply be an acceptance of a casual family live. Permitting children to see their same sex parent nude (as a natural part of life, not as a sexual event) educates them to what they will look like as adults, and permitting them to see the opposite sex - siblings or parents - removes the natural curiosity that they will fill elsewhere if not at home. In a loving environment, this will give the child a good self image and help him/her understand that nudity is natural, not sexual. They won't need to look at *********** because they already know what the body looks like.<br />
And yes - it is possible for families to be nude around each other and not be sexual.

Best Answer