If you hang out with people who are into the wrong sorts of things, they will only bring you down. You should choose your friends carefully, especially with children because you will be exposing them to those people as well an children are a lot more vulnerable and impressionable.

Best Answer

yea. this one girl has a daughter too and she lets everyone know that she smokes pot n parties all the time. i dont want my daughter to grow up around that...

Best Answer

While I believe that we should not care about what others think of us, the truth is, we will be labeled, judged, and perceived as a person with the same values as those we associate with. Now, if this does not bother you that's okay, but let me give my own example. In some instances on EP, I have had friends who have my avatar up there in the friends box with sexually graphic avatars. (okay some may say that about mine, but mine is a classic piece of art, which I love, and most intelligent people know it's not me). I did not want creeps coming around thinking I was here for cyber, so I explained to one friends the problem I had with being cast as someone who was here for sex, like the rest of his friends. He understood, and I removed him from my friends circle, but we still remain friends. I think you have to ask yourself, " how will this affect, me? If it will affect your reputation, job, children, have horny men harassing you, etc, and that concerns you then yes, be careful who you appear to associate with, otherwise do what you want.

Best Answer

yea i dont want to have to explain myself all the time about why i hang out with someone

Best Answer

You define your reputation, but outsiders can easily influence or ruin it. If being a good mother is what you seek, the only person you need to establish your reputation to is your child/children. To hell what other people think.

Best Answer

this is true :) a few of these ppl are considered "white trash" and i dont want to be labeled as that. im a young mom and my bf and i have an apartment together. a lot of young moms are labeled as "white trash" cuz they just dont try to better themselves. they continue to stay in the same situation cuz its easier or they dont even take care of their children at all cuz thats easier. not saying all do that but at least 90% of all the ones i know are like that.

Best Answer

Accurate assessment. That was one of George Washington's Rules of Civility. It's a good one.

Best Answer

Usually that's how people think. When someone doesn't have a good reputation and someone hangs around with them, they automatically think you are the same even if its not the truth or close.<br />
When i was younger, I hanged around with someone and this other girl I used to hang around with, her mom wanted her to hang around with me and not the girl I used to hang around with because of stupidities. People judge in general.

Best Answer

i remember when i moved to a new school in 8th grade all of the "popular" ppl wanted me to be friends with them. then i started talking to the "unpopular" ppl and they stopped talking to me lol. their loss tho. i met some great friends :)

Best Answer

Whateverrrr touches on the problem with her answer.In this world society acts as a jailer,or warder,for itself.Society is a warped,psychopathic monster made in its rulers image,and disapproves of anything outside its bounderies,especially because this anything could threaten the status quo perhaps,in some way.So rather than allow this,anything it doesnt know as its own is paid extra attention by societies all seeing eye,and pressures are brought to bear on the "problem".<br />
So really.yes,it IS alright to mix with who you choose,you may be surprised at what you would find amongst them.But this world wrongly denies you the chance,because as you know,assumptions of a bigoted nature will include you with whoever it is they dont approve of.If you want an easier life,stay within societies confines.But there is so much more outside its perimeters.

Best Answer

Yeah its okay. You dont wanna be labeled something you're not simply because you associate with a crowd that is up to no good.

Best Answer

yea like what if im over at someones house and i end up on an episode of cops just cuz i hung out with those ppl lol

Best Answer

yes, i had to walk away because they were doing stuff that was illegal. i tried to hang around for a while but talk about putting your neck out there. i could have been busted. even though i really liked them as people, just getting caught up in that world could have really ruined me.

Best Answer

i shouldnt feel bad about wanting to follow my dreams and become successful just cuz they wanna stay where they are.

Best Answer